The Advertising Team is reinventing advertising at eBay! We're creating innovative ad-tech solutions to optimize the ad monetization and experience on eBay. Our goal is to create a valuable experience for both buyers and sellers, while also driving performance for advertisers. To that end, we are innovating rapidly in the ad-tech space and there is no shortage of new challenges for motivated individuals. As an iOS engineer on the Native Merch team, you will work closely with designers, product managers and other engineers (frontend, backend, native, machine learning, quality) to revolutionize the advertising space for eBay and beyond.
Read about some of our products and recent work here:
* NOTE: This role will be based our of our Portland, OR location
* Design new experiences to provide consumers a delightful shopping journey and help eBay sellers and advertisers promote their products, manage their advertising campaigns, and run their businesses
* Develop systems using Swift and utilize the following practices: provide functional and technical direction to a solution, clean code, software craftsmanship, testing at all levels (unit, integration, and acceptance), story writing and tasking
* Learn new external and internal technologies as the need/opportunity arises
* Operate within our internal open source community where we share a variety of projects and codebases
* Build, test, and deploy your code in a continuous manner
* Execute as part of a cross-functional Agile team that rapidly delivers iterative value to customers
* Contribute to technical conversations and debates, and decide upon approaches and tools to utilize
* Lead by example and share knowledge with the team
* BS/BA in Computer Science or related field plus 3+ years work experience or MS with 1-3 years of relevant experience
* Experience developing iOS applications & commercial software with Objective C and Swift
* Nice to have: experience with Jira (or other issue tracking software), familiarity with OpenAPI/Swagger, exposure to the Agile process
* Experience with X-Code 9.x and 10.x, GIT, profilers and debuggers
* Experience integrating with web services & using HTTP, TCP/IP and databases
* Knowledge of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms
* Code samples from private github repos, side projects, and open source project contributions is a plus
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
eBay is a company developing an online auction and e-commerce platform that enables people and businesses to buy and sell goods and services.