At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007-as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we've grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60M devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto!
Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and-above all-have fun doing it.
Fitbit's HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you've found your fit?
Fitbit's mission is to make the world a healthier place. We create activity and health tracking devices to provide users with data-driven insights into their lifestyles.
Our mobile clients are a key component of this user experience - they connect the data in our wireless sensor devices to our cloud-based data storage backend while also giving users the tools to track their progress, set goals and compete with friends.
We are actively working on many interesting problems including:
* Overcoming the hurdles of distributed systems to build native mobile clients that are tolerant of transient connectivity. We aim for our mobile clients and sensor devices to function together as normally as possible even when there is no connection to the internet.
* Exploiting low power communication technologies to make the Internet of Things a reality. We have been on the leading edge of consumer deployment for both wearable sensors and Bluetooth Low Energy.
* Crafting beautiful mobile user experiences that allow users to intuitively accomplish any task. Our mobile clients are a vital part of the user interface to the Fitbit platform.
As an iOS Software Engineer at Fitbit, you will be a key contributor to the Fitbit ecosystem and will work closely with other mobile, backend, firmware, and quality engineers to achieve team goals. Your work will include breaking down complicated tasks and building solutions that will work and scale for years to come. You will write scalable, well-tested code and encourage your peers to do so as well.
We are working on a lot of tough problems, and you would be pioneering solutions; are you up for the challenge?
Check out our current app on the app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit/id462638897
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent skill
* 2+ years of experience in iOS development
* 5+ years of overall software engineering experience
* Proficiency with Swift, Objective-C, and Cocoa Touch
* Strong desire for writing scalable, well-tested code
* Ability to mentor other engineers to write better code
* Experience with reactive programming, e.g. RxSwift
* Experience in one of more of our core technology areas:
* Core Data / SQL / REST-like network APIs
* Core Bluetooth / Bluetooth Low Energy
* Experience with iOS build system
* A knack for appropriate abstraction
* A love of refactoring
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Fitbit is a company providing wearable devices with software and services that help users reach their health and fitness goals.