TakeLessons is looking for a talented and passionate Senior iOS Developer to join our engineering team. With an emphasis on growth, product development and data science, you will play a key role in helping us deliver an exceptional experience for TakeLessons customers.
In a fast-paced agile environment you will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems and features alongside talented individuals that value teamwork, user empathy, flexibility, quality and scalable software solutions.
* Designing, coding and testing software components for the TakeLessons iOS applications.
* Architecting and creating object-oriented software designs for new features.
* Working with engineering peers to integrate iOS apps with our existing API framework, including articulating enhancements required to deliver mobile app features.
* Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
* Working on bug fixing, improving application performance and evaluating opportunities for improvement in the areas of code structure, architecture, language and SDK upgrades.
* Working closely with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and develop software solutions that meet feature and quality standards.
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
* Develop highly maintainable and scalable applications.
* Contribute to each phase in the product development lifecycle from ideation to software design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
* Building and maintaining third party API integrations, such as payment processing and analytics platforms.
* 4 years or more of hands-on, professional iOS development.
* Experience creating/maintaining iOS apps in Swift and Objective-C.
* Have published at least one iOS app in the Apple App Store.
* Good understanding of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
* Good understanding of the full iOS development lifecycle, including development, testing, certificate management and app store releases.
* Solid experience with Git.
* Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, time management, communication and problem solving skills in a fast-paced startup environment.
* Must be self-directed, highly responsive and detail oriented.
* Experience with coding best practices, defensive programming and unit testing.
* A positive "can do" attitude, driven, and passionate with a strong work ethic.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience working within an agile framework or as part of an agile team.
* Experience with Pivotal Tracker.
* Experience with CocoaPods
All employees are treated to a collaborative work environment with a dedicated team of entrepreneurial and like-minded individuals who like to work hard, and play hard.
Our Core Values
* We have Respect for ourselves and for others
* We believe in Ownership Mentality where we take individual initiative, personal responsibility and are accountable
* We have a C.A.N.I. attitude of Constant And Never-ending Improvement
* We take pride in our work by Building Stuff We are Proud of
TakeLessons is a company developing a platform for finding private instructors.