TakeLessons is looking for a talented and passionate Senior iOS Developer to join our engineering team. With an emphasis on growth, product development and data science, you will play a key role in helping us deliver an exceptional experience for TakeLessons customers.
In a fast-paced agile environment you will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems and features alongside talented individuals that value teamwork, user empathy, flexibility, quality and scalable software solutions.
* Designing, coding and testing software components for the TakeLessons iOS applications.
* Architecting and creating object-oriented software designs for new features.
* Working with engineering peers to integrate iOS apps with our existing API framework, including articulating enhancements required to deliver mobile app features.
* Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and general reliability.
* Working on bug fixing, improving application performance and evaluating opportunities for improvement in the areas of code structure, architecture, language and SDK upgrades.
* Working closely with internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and develop software solutions that meet feature and quality standards.
* Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features.
* Develop highly maintainable and scalable applications.
* Contribute to each phase in the product development lifecycle from ideation to software design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
* Building and maintaining third party API integrations, such as payment processing and analytics platforms.
* 4 years or more of hands-on, professional iOS development.
* Experience creating/maintaining iOS apps in Swift and Objective-C.
* Have published at least one iOS app in the Apple App Store.
* Good understanding of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
* Good understanding of the full iOS development lifecycle, including development, testing, certificate management and app store releases.
* Solid experience with Git.
* Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, time management, communication and problem solving skills in a fast-paced startup environment.
* Must be self-directed, highly responsive and detail oriented.
* Experience with coding best practices, defensive programming and unit testing.
* A positive "can do" attitude, driven, and passionate with a strong work ethic.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience working within an agile framework or as part of an agile team.
* Experience with Pivotal Tracker.
* Experience with CocoaPods
All employees are treated to a collaborative work environment with a dedicated team of entrepreneurial and like-minded individuals who like to work hard, and play hard.
Our Core Values
* We have Respect for ourselves and for others
* We believe in Ownership Mentality where we take individual initiative, personal responsibility and are accountable
* We have a C.A.N.I. attitude of Constant And Never-ending Improvement
* We take pride in our work by Building Stuff We are Proud of
TakeLessons is an online lessons marketplace connecting students with teachers for various subjects such as music, chemistry and algebra.