Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Washington - Seattle
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for Unity Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include the portfolio of services provided including: order entry, order management, operating customer procurement systems, stockroom services, and material handling. The main focus of this role is to provide order management and vendor management. This position is 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday on site at our customers location in Seattle WA.
* Demonstrate strong customer service and problem solving skills.
* Ability to make decisions and utilize resources with limited direction from supervisor.
* Ability to use multiple inventory management and procurement software programs.
* Ability to prepare quotes, place orders and process return of goods.
* Ability to analyze data and resolve backorders and invoicing discrepancies.
* Perform on-site program stockroom management, including replenishments and disbursements.
* Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
* Promote a safe work environment through various safety initiatives within functional area
* Participate in individual or group projects that can include, cost savings analysis, learning groups, writing job training methods, and leading team meetings
* Serve as the first point of contact for any Order management, Inventory and Service Level Agreements, and staff interactions.
* Report internal/external metrics to Site Supervisor/Sr. Manager
* Maintain safety awareness, by maintaining and authoring Work Instructions, assisting with Job Hazard Assessments, and performing PPE assessments
* Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP's & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Sr. Manager regarding daily duties.
* Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
* Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
* Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics
* Communicates any customer issues or potential problems
* Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team
* Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
* Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team
* Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
* Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
* Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
* Attend required training sessions and quarterly meetings.
* Participate in projects and perform other duties as assigned.
* Must possess a minimum of an Associate's degree in related field. A Bachelor's degree is preferred
* Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
* 2-3 years of progressive relevant experience preferred
* Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
* Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics' Four-I Values
* Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
* Experience with inventory management software such as Stock Boss, Oracle, and/or RiMS.
* Proven excellence in customer service skills
* Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment
* Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Ability to establish and foster positive customer relationships
* Strong communication skills and proactive approach in all duties
* Demonstrate expertise in the ability to identify inefficiencies in any process and make recommendations for improvement
* Ability to instantly adapt to change
* Ability to self-manage and operate independently
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing work assignments.
* Good time management and organizational skills
* Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
* Required to work independently within customer location
* Extensive sitting or standing at desk area in cubicle may be required for 75-85% of the day.
* Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task
* Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
* May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
* Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
* Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats, safety glasses or other PPE.
* Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers biotechnology product development services.