We're the driverless car company. We're building the world's best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We're hiring people who want to solve some of today's most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
About our Simulation Team
Our Simulation team is responsible for building all of the tools we need to test and validate our autonomous vehicles performance and behavior before it goes out on the road. That includes tools to validate that our perception systems properly detect obstacles on the road, our planning systems are able to pick safe and efficient paths through the world, and that our controls systems can properly act on those plans. We help the entire engineering organization answer questions like "did this new deep learning model improve pedestrian detection?" or "is this new path planning algorithm faster?" or "how did the combination of this large set of perception, planning, and controls changes affect the vehicle's ability to safety and efficiently make left turns?".
* Research and implement multiple approaches to realistic imitation of real-world driving behaviors for use in simulation
* Create and improve data pipelines for turning real world observations into training and simulation data
* Help define metrics and loss functions to evaluate correctness and realism of simulation actors behavior
* Use machine learning approaches to reduce the gap between synthetic simulation data and real world data
* Machine learning experience, preferably with reinforcement learning or generative adversarial networks
* Software development experience in Python
* Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
* Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
* Desire to continuously learn
* Experience with data pipelines (Extract Transform Load) and data warehousing
* Experience with TensorFlow and/or OpenAI Gym
* Experience with ROS, motion planning, controls theory, or computer vision
* Solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
* Company paid intern adventures and new friends
* State of the art equipment for your work station
Lunch, snacks, and dinner
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Cruise Automation is a self-driving car company that develops an autopilot system for existing cars.