The International SAP Engineer provides senior expertise regarding the overall international SAP IT ecosystem in the various international regions. The Engineer works with architects and project managers to understand functional requirements and contributes to the development of the overall architecture. This position will meet regularly with other areas of IS to determine technology requirements, offer advice, collaborate and lead designs, perform implementations and deliver project based artifacts. International SAP Engineer will help improve structures, existing tools, systems, components, processes, and solutions. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge and hands-on experience in enterprise-wide SAP platform.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents and standards, as well as interface designs, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, and Business Continuity specs
* Acts as a team lead and mentor others.
* Follows Enterprise standards for Security and SAP Best Practices.
* Understands and adheres to Costco's project methodology and framework.
* Seeks opportunities to learn, automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes where appropriate.
* Interfaces with and provides technical leadership to others in the IT division and business to address ongoing business needs.
* Documents the application infrastructure and teach/share with others as necessary.
* Be a senior escalation point for complex issues. Ensures timely recovery from outages, performs root cause analysis and implements preventative measures.
* Enhances automation of applications, systems, and platforms and identifies opportunities for streamlining, and continuous process improvement
* Partners with International Regions to help establish support and staffing models for SAP environments
* Solution Planning
* Works with vendors, business and application development teams, and other technical teams to meet the needs of the project.
* Works with architects and Solution Analysts to develop, implement and support new capabilities and designs.
* Assesses all project information to understand the scope, the current IT and business environment, objectives and priorities.
* Defines and documents the proposed, high-level solution, including the use of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) packages.
* Analyzes technical risks and advises on risk mitigation strategies.
* Identifies teams needed based on the proposed solution.
* Works with the Project Manager and Business Analyst to develop a high-level project schedule, resource plan for the project, and project costs.
* Solution Delivery
* Assists/provides project managers with work breakdown of tasks and effort estimates.
* Creates readiness and deployment documents.
* Delivers project based work and artifacts to agreed upon target dates. Will work with project managers and engineers to report and remove roadblocks.
* Responsible for the technical content (architecture and design), integrity and quality of solution.
* Accountable for the delivery of the solution as specified (by requirements and architecture).
* Prepares for the development of the application by evaluating and selecting the development methodologies and tools.
* Analyzes available assets (frameworks, reference architectures, etc) to bridge the gap between the as-is architecture and the to-be architecture.
* Evaluates non-functional requirements for testability and technical acceptance criteria.
* Ability to develop system use cases and requirements.
* Establish high-level models that guide solution architecture design, sub-architecture, or deployment and reviews with all interested parties.
* Defines and documents the actions needed to close architecture gaps in support of business objectives.
* Participates in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other technical deliverable to ensure they fulfill requirements and meet standards.
* Refines architectural decisions, at a project level, related to the infrastructure, data architecture, etc.
* Develops conceptual data models and perform data source gap analysis.
* Identifies services to be developed and integrated into IT solutions.
* Ensures the end-to-end service architectural roadmap to address the standard service and customization options.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary
* Assists in other areas of the company as necessary
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* 10+ years of SAP functional design and technical design experience.
* 5+ years of experience in leading technical teams in large, complex solution implementations, including Global SAP Implementations.
* Experience and deep knowledge of SAP Systems, including SAP Business Suite, S/4 Hana, and as well as UI5 applications including Fiori.
* Experience with supply chain concepts, systems and solutions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to concisely and effectively communicate across teams.
* Ability to quickly understand the current environments and to use that information to build stable, responsive and secure solutions.
* Experience building solutions in a distributed architecture and ability to understand the interactions from end to end.
* High end technical experience reviewing proposed solutions and selecting the best fit for the applications and architecture.
* Strong critical thinking and analysis skills and exceptionally strong documentation skills.
* Proven history of development of integrated solutions.
* Proven ability to develop system roadmaps and capabilities.
* Proven ability to lead various teams within the development lifecycle.
* Must possess a demonstrated ability to work independently and with limited supervision including: Strong work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail and excellent time-management skills.
* Must have solid negotiation, delegation and team building skills.
* Must be extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
* Must possess and work with a positive attitude.
* Demonstrated ability to own and resolve complex technical issues.
* Must be available for evening, weekend, and holiday work with up to 25% international travel.
* Bachelor's Degree in International Business, CS, or MIS.
* Proficient in Active Directory, Access Management and Provisioning, ESB integration patterns and implementations, SAML, DataPower, WMQ, WMB, WSRR, Informatica and WAS.
* Proficient in service oriented architecture (SOA), messaging, object-oriented programming concepts and enterprise service bus.
* Understanding of Identity Access Management patterns, concepts and best practices.
* Solid understanding of Middleware tools (WAS, etc) patterns, concepts and best practices.
* Familiar with Costco's IS or similar project methodology, processes and procedures.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
About Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.