The Global Security Solutions Division has an opening on a FBI DNA Database program for a Network Engineer to support the installation/upgrade of the CODIS software internationally. Currently seeking an enthusiastic installer to support CODIS laboratories at various international sites, estimated up to six (6) per year. Duration of installation: one week.
Network Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of installation related documentation and deliverables.
Potential for Tier 2 network and/or technical support for the CODIS Help Desk. Additionally, support will be needed for CODIS software validation prior to each major/minor release to confirm a successful installation check before deployment commences.
* Install the CODIS software in new laboratories and upgrade existing laboratories to the latest software baseline at international laboratories onsite multiple times per year.
* Review international laboratory hardware and software lists prior to purchase, ensuring a successful onsite installation/upgrade.
* Develop a thorough and in-depth understanding of the process surrounding the installation and upgrades of the CODIS software, particularly as it relates to the unique international environments.
* Completion of the High Threat Security Overseas Seminar (HTSOS) through the US Department of State.
* Assist in the review of CODIS software upgrade documentation and provide feedback to the team in a timely, professional, and efficient manner.
* Primary liaison with the Government and each international POC for each installation/upgrade.
* Development of CODIS Installation Reports (deliverable) detailing installation activities, duration, problems, successes, and future plans.
* Assist in the development, updates, and maintenance of instructions, checklists, outlines, procedures, etc. for all supported types of installation, upgrades, and migrations (as needed).
* Support the integrity of the CODIS site configuration report for international locations, which details each international locations' CODIS versions and network configuration details.
* Development of lessons learned after each installation/upgrade.
* Maintain good writing, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work independently and be a contributing team member.
* At least five (5) years' experience with server OS installation support, workstation OS installation support, printers, networking, and virtualization (i.e. Windows Hyper-V or VMware).
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Must be able to maintain a Top Secret (TS) clearance.
* Knowledge of DNA, Criminal Justice, and/or Forensic Science is a plus.
* Experience in documentation review and development is a plus.
* Windows, SQL Server, .NET Framework, Visual Basic, PowerShell scripting, Robocopy scripting experience is a plus.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.