Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: New York, NY
SiriusXM interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, on projects and making valuable contributions to SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the radio world and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM is looking for an intern to join the product management team. As a product manager intern you will work alongside product managers and help define the future of SiriusXM's streaming services & products roadmap. The features you help create will be delivered across web, mobile, TV, and the connected car ecosystems.
Product management is an exciting and fast-paced role within the Company, so you should be comfortable with change. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to competitive research, feature prioritization & testing, UI/UX design reviews, and feature development. Current team projects include development and growth for live video streaming, audio & video content discovery, push and in-app messaging, recommendations, podcasts, and much more.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist product managers in developing user stories for feature development.
* Work with the dev and design teams as needed and provide input.
* Run beta programs and gather feedback to improve the experience.
* Perform market research and competitive analysis and is focused on market trends.
* Test unreleased versions of the streaming apps to ensure conformance with requirements.
* Review UI design documents.
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
* Marketing or Business majors preferred. Computer science or engineering majors with a business or marketing focus also preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Good project management and planning skills.
* Good personnel management skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to pay attention to details.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Familiar with SiriusXM Programming.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite.
* Active user of music, podcast, and video streaming apps.
Please note that all SiriusXM Internships are paid.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Your favorite music, commercial-free, plus uncensored talk and entertainment, sports and Howard Stern.