Position Type: Internship
Session: Fall 2019 (September 16 - December 6, 2019)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Automatic interns don't make coffee. They're hands-on, working on shipping projects and making valuable contributions to Automatic Labs and our parent company, SiriusXM. Join our internship program and learn about the world of Automotive consumer products and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
As a Data Intern, you'll be working with our data team to build machine learning models, create dashboards and perform analysis, and create data ingestion pipelines. You will be using such tools as a Databricks managed spark cluster, aws lambdas using Python and libraries like sci-kit learn and pandas.
The work includes analyzing large data sets, providing visualization, working with data team manager to answer business questions, helping data scientists to validate models and clean data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Data visualization creation
* Writing python to clean and normalize data
* Helping senior data scientists as needed to train models.
* Write tests to make any data cleaning jobs resilient
* Other tasks as assigned.
* The candidate should be pursuing a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer engineering, or computer science.
* Experience related to data analysis, software development or other high tech information pursuits..
* You must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school to qualify. Students who have completed at least two years of college are preferred.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience in the use of basic EE lab test gear, such as scopes and multimeters
* Ability to read schematics and understand basic digital and analog circuit principles
* Some knowledge of languages suitable for HW development and test is preferred (e.g. Python)
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and/or Google Apps (Google Docs, Sheets etc..)
Please note that all Automatic/SiriusXM Internships are paid.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
About Sirius XM
Sirius XM Holdings is a radio broadcaster.