The Intermediate Programmer will create and maintain communications software, database structures, online programs, batch programs and utility programs primarily using IBM assembler, COBOL and Natural programming languages. You will modify existing software and create special-purpose software to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications. Develop and modify online applications, batch processing, and database systems. Tests, debugs, and refines application and batch software. Familiarity with VSE and JCL is a plus.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Perform detailed testing and analysis on applications and systems to identify problems. Modify, repair, or expand existing programs, applications, and systems to correct errors, increase efficiency, upgrade interfaces, or improve performance. Revise programs to make refinements, reduce operating time, and improve efficiency. Generate test plans and test data.
* Apply advanced engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, program, develop, document, implement, test, and evaluate information technology systems. Develop software in accordance with department processes and specifications. Translate detailed design into executable software.
* Develop and maintain internal systems and applications primarily using IBM assembler, COBOL, JCL and Natural programming languages using the VSE .
* Contribute to production of training manuals and instructions for internal associates. Develop necessary program documentation including operational procedures. Develop block diagrams and logic flow charts.
* Participate in and contribute to design meetings and analyze organization's internal technology needs.
We Welcome your expertise as Follett experiences tremendous growth! Leadership will value, recognize and reward your skill set with opportunities to cultivate your career!
~We Look Forward to Working with You!~
* B/S in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
* 3-5 years of mainframe SW development using Natural or COBOL preferred.
* Ability to translate information into computer system specifications, design program logic for computer application, write computer codes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary in order to interact effectively with management and user-department personnel, when gathering and exchanging information related to systems processing needs.
* Ability to work independently; must be a self-starter and team player.
For more than 140 years, we have been making it easier for schools to run, teachers to teach, students to learn and fans to celebrate.