JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network includes an acute care hospital and more than 40 community-based clinics, including 19 school-based clinics. John Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality, compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visit www.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or www.teamacclaim.org.
Intermediate Business Intelligence Specialist
Description: The Intermediate Business Intelligence Specialist has in-depth knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Integration, ETL, Relational Database Systems, SQL, SAP Web Intelligence, SAP Xcelcius, Epic Radar Dashboards, Microsoft Power BI and Stored Procedures including acquiring and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the Epic Clarity Database and Cogito Data Warehouse. This role is also responsible for combining Hospital and ambulatory clinical and operational knowledge with information technology experience to develop complex business intelligence reports and dashboards for customers. Responsible for gathering requirements, specifications, designing and developing solutions, testing, validating, implementing and providing ongoing support of business intelligence solutions and dashboard for hospital and ambulatory executives.
* Analyzes, completes and develops complex business intelligence data, report and dashboard requests.
* Develops reports for assigned clarity modules and systems by performing workflow assessments, capturing business needs, and analyzing systems to determine functional requirements and capture data while mentoring other analysts.
* Lead complex projects including designing and developing business intelligence reports and dashboard solutions using SQL, stored procedures, SAP Webi, SAP Xcelcius, Microsoft Power BI, Radar Dashboard and SAP Lumira.
* Develops enterprise-wide KPIs and delivers data analytics and Business Intelligence solutions including methods to measure them working with executives.
* Performs complex system configuration changes related to Clarity database, ETL and Cogito Data warehouse upgrades and vendor related fixes and notifications.
* Performs complex SQL and TSQL programing code changes related to upgrades and vendor related fixes and notifications for Epic Clarity reports and Epic Cogito Data Warehouse .
* In-depth understanding of Epic EMR workflows for hospital and ambulatory setting delivering accurate reports and solutions within the context of new and existing workflows and applications.
* Subject matter expert on complex data projects to design and architect solutions, guides the development of test cases and scripts, and ensures projects meet business and IT objectives.
* Reviews and ensures final product for accuracy and completeness meeting management expectations.
* Utilizes Reporting Infrastructure, ETL, and leverages BI Tools to develop complex data solutions. (Dashboards, SSIS, Data Marts, Universes and Cubes)
* Leads complex system configuration changes related to Clarity database, ETL and Cogito Data warehouse upgrades and vendor related fixes and notifications.
* Follows departmental processes, including but not limited to on call, project prioritization, status reports, security, documentation, change control, RCA, and time tracking.
* Keeps abreast of industry trends and vendor upgrades, enhancements, and offerings; partnering with customers to recommend and implement solutions as appropriate.
* Independently takes ownership of tasks and performs all other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or a related field of study from an accredited college or university and
* 4 plus years of strong IT relational database and SQL reporting experience.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience in related field.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* 6 plus years of related experience in a healthcare environment.
* Clarity Data Model Certification.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Must obtain current proficiency or certification in assigned data model(s). (i.e.) Epic certification in appropriate module(s) required within specified time frame following class completion and analyst who support Epic modules must maintain certification on current version of Epic.
1400 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104