Share your digital experience design skills and passion with a mission-driven organization focused on helping people find addiction treatment. At American Addiction Centers, we work with families, loved ones and people suffering from addiction to find treatment tailored to their situation and needs. As part of the marketing, product and user experience (UX) team, you will be responsible for helping families find life-changing care in a time of extraordinary need. This is your chance to make a difference.
Guide overall design systems development and delivery for a portfolio of websites and engagement channels (e.g. chat, insurance verification). Serve as the team's subject matter expert on visual design, layout and interaction details. Create designs that build trust, an emotional connection, provide clarity, and predictability for our site visitors. At the same time, create solutions focused on scalability and user satisfaction.
Collaborate closely with colleagues on information architecture, content strategy and product development / enhancement. Help motivate and persuade users to take action by working through complex projects with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities while making recommendations to successfully resolve issues.
This position is an individual contributor role at this time and reports to the Director, User Experience. This position will be supported by Information Architecture, Content, UI Engineering, Web Development, Search Engine Optimization and Brand teams.
Reports to: Director of User Experience
FLSA Status: Exempt
* Use attitudinal and behavioral data (qualitative and quantitative data) to create design solutions that build trust and reduce barriers to completing tasks.
* Build, contribute to, maintain and recommend changes to: atomic design systems, design requirements, customer journey maps, style guides, page templates, personas, infographics, illustrations and photography.
* Evangelize and provide training to team members on best design practices.
* Create high-fidelity prototypes for rapid ideation and testing. Use best practices in building options to test.
* Partner with optimization team to perform ongoing multivariant testing. Leverage historic findings in creating test recommendations.
* Create and maintain digital asset management system for design assets.
* Make recommendations on best practices for design asset utilization, display and integration.
* Co-develop, provide training and oversee system for design asset tagging and consistent display usage patterns.
* Help build design usage, nomenclature and governance model across multiple websites and digital channels.
* Lead design ideation exercises focused on how best to illustrate complex information within brand guidelines.
* Craft design requirements to solve complex layout or structural problems.
* Create design solutions and specifications for multiple content types and personas.
* Develop and rapidly iterate visual design concepts, sketches and high-fidelity prototypes - incorporating feedback from market research, behavioral data and usability studies.
* Translate business data and customer insights into persuasive design recommendations
* Create seamless digital experiences focused on customer satisfaction
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Experience with Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design approaches
* Experience developing, evolving and using personas
* Ability to implement best usability practices
* Strong understanding of front-end coding; ability to develop and troubleshoot CSS
* Experience with concept testing and usability testing
* Experience with WordPress and large enterprise Content Management Systems (CMS)
* Experience with large-scale responsive website redesigns. App development experience helpful.
* Understanding of Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and digital display advertising
* Prior experience in Agile development
* Experience leading small group workshops
* Significant experience working with content, information architecture, product, development and analytics teams
* Background developing design systems for large editorial (e.g.: WebMD) and/or data-intensive, search based sites (e.g. Kayak, Zillow).
* Strong understanding of ADA-compliant design, HTML 5, page speed, vectoring/compressing images and progressive enhancement.
* High proficiency using wireframing, prototyping, navigation and design tools - such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Abstract and InVision
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills - with ability to articulate design recommendations and negotiate solutions in the best interest of the customer
Education & Professional Training / Certification
* Bachelor's degree in design-related field, or equivalent experience
* 4+ years of experience creating and publishing successful designs with customer satisfaction, usability and/or business results
* Prefer certification or professional training in Human Factors Interaction, User Experience, Interaction Design, or similar
* Must have portfolio (PDF or website) demonstrating a variety of design skills with summary of issues, goals and results.