Job Description SummaryAs a member of the User Experience Design team, the Designer will work with multi-disciplinary teams to strategize and apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities for each project. Projects will include cloud-based software, and knowledge portals. The design challenges will require rapid Axure prototyping and clearly communicating data analytics through infographics. This role will require a combination of prototyping, interaction design, and visual design expertise.
Interaction Designer/Visual Designer Job Description
At Becton Dickinson (BD), we create innovative ways to help our customers improve patient care. We rely on bold and inspired employees who share our commitment to helping solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges.
BD is a global medical technology company focused on addressing many of the world's most pressing and evolving health needs. With our combined technology and expertise, we will become a global leader helping to transform the quality and cost of care for patients and clinicians worldwide. Join us in our mission to improve the future of healthcare and help all people lead healthy lives.
As a member of the User Experience Design team, the Designer will work with multi-disciplinary teams to strategize and apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities for each project. Projects will include cloud-based software, and knowledge portals. The design challenges will require rapid Axure prototyping and clearly communicating data analytics through infographics. This role will require a combination of prototyping, interaction design, and visual design expertise.
This position is extremely collaborative and requires a high degree of professionalism, communication skills, and mentoring ability. In some cases, candidates will visit hospitals to watch clinicians use the BD's software to determine what can be designed to improve the customer experience.
* Drive and apply user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
* Effectively utilize and teach relevant user experience methods, such as how to apply a corporate design language, design frameworks, problem framing, design principles, and overall design thinking
* Ability to deliver UI specifications, wireframes, workflows, and high-fidelity Axure prototypes
* Build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership
* Collaborate with key product stakeholders to understand the customer and support product design goals for existing and new products and to ensure those goals are supported in the solution design
* Demonstrated track record of success designing software apps in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
* Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals, and product specifications and to explain the rationale behind design decisions
* Ability to concisely critique designs and to translate customer feedback into design decisions
* Strong skills in creative design tools including Axure ( this is a must have), InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud
* Strength in responsive design, cross-platform development, and at least a basic understanding of HTML and CSS
* Success in following, applying, teaching, and maintaining a company product design language guide and ensuring that colleagues apply elements accurately with strong design thinking behind their decisions
* Ability to and enjoyment of working closely and collaboratively with developers implementing your designs
* Proven success working in an Agile development environment(this is a must have) and strong knowledge of how interaction and visual design are best utilized in a SCRUM environment
* Organized, self-directed, efficient, and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
* Experience with the healthcare field and medical devices a plus
* Online portfolio available for viewing required (this is a must have)
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in User Interface Design, Cognitive Science, Fine Arts, or 8 years equivalent work experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience working as an interaction/visual designer
BD/CareFusion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego TC Bldg C&D
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Becton Dickinson is a global medical technology company that develops, manufactures, and sells medical supplies, devices, laboratory equipment, and diagnostic products.