(Those who previously applied need not re-apply)
Position Summary: The Integration Architect is responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of integration solutions in support of the NYC Department of Education's Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), and API Management. The Integration Architect will be part of the implementation team, providing expert knowledge and hands-on skills in developing integration solution architectures and implementing messaging, transformation, and routing solutions. Performs related work.
Reports to: ESB Development Team Lead - Office of IT Security and Data Management
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Relationships: Works closely with developers, network architects, data modelers, solutions architects, database administrators, configuration managers, and project managers on developing scalable and reusable solutions, strategies, and technical design for integration.
* Serves as in-house expert responsible for planning, coordinating, designing, and supervising all activities related to the integration of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the NYC Department of Education (DOE).
* Strengthens architectural frameworks to enable organizational integration goals and objectives, including the definition of integration standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
* Ensures that standards, policies, and procedures are implemented for all layers of integration.
* Develops and maintains IT integration architecture diagrams of enterprise and/or technology architectures for IT solutions, concepts, and strategies to meet business requirements of the DOE and external vendors.
* Confirms the conformance of integration components and services to established standards. Ensures compliance with architecture standards and guidelines throughout the application development lifecycle.
* Develops, analyzes, designs, maintains, and enhances various application interfaces and business-related request-reply, synchronous-asynchronous web services, event-based, pub-sub messaging, and business data processing.
* Codes, deploys, and integrates activities necessary to deploy developed solutions according to the published timelines agreed to in project documentation.
* From an architectural perspective, reviews and advises on the feasibility, viability, and consistency of integration architecture implementation.
* Supervises integration development efforts for projects and ensures that high-quality artifacts are delivered on time.
* Serves as the primary point-of-contact for one or more integration development efforts.
* Establishes best practice solutions for architectural design using web services and SOA architectures.
* Implements ESB patterns and business rules following appropriate syntax and using standard vocabulary.
* Works with other developers, data modelers, and solution architects to design, integrate, and test components used for the deployment and support of projects.
* A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics or related field and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
* A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and ten years of satisfactory full-time experience related to enterprise architecture, solutions architecture, network architecture and/or IT infrastructure systems; or
* Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above.
* Eight (8) or more years of technical experience, with at least 5 years working on enterprise-level projects and systems.
* Five (5+) or more years of experience designing, developing, and administering message flows and web services using IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM Integration Bus, IBM API Connect, and IBM Data Power.
* Five (5+) or more years of experience in designing, developing, and administering systems using Web Services (XML, SOAP/REST, WSDL, UDDI, BEPL, etc.), JMS, WMQ, and ESQL.
* Very good knowledge of Horizontal and Vertical scaling of the IBM MQ Platform.
* Good understanding of networking concepts, operating systems, and applications.
* Firm understanding of concepts and technologies such as SOA, messaging, transformation engines, web services, and data integration techniques.
* Integration knowledge of mediation modules, request-reply synchronous-asynchronous web services, event-based, pub-sub messaging and business data processing.
* Experience working with an Event Driven Architecture and Complex Event Processing, Publish and Subscribe solutions.
* Experience turning business needs into a technical architecture that is scalable, flexible, and manageable.
* Experience developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting web services using SOAP and REST based interfaces.
* Experience managing version control at an enterprise level; solid command of version control concepts and considerations, including managing and merging code branches.
* Experience in database design and data modeling.
* System analysis skills.
* Working knowledge of Internet/Intranet application services.
* Experience in Agile development, including familiarity with Agile Development techniques.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Familiar with DOE systems and applications.
* Internal candidates preferred.
(Internal candidates who are selected for this position and who currently hold comparable or less senior positions within the DOE will not make less than their current salary.)
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
Applications will be accepted through July 29, 2019 until 3:00 p.m.
NOTE: The filling of all positions is subject to budget availability.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of the Department of Education of the City of New York to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, marital status, partnership status, disability, sexual orientation, gender (sex), military status, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as permitted by law), predisposing genetic characteristics, or status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual offenses and stalking, and to maintain an environment free of harassment on any of the above-noted grounds, including sexual harassment or retaliation. Inquiries regarding compliance with this equal opportunity policy may be directed to: Office of Equal Opportunity, 65 Court Street, Room 1102, Brooklyn, New York 11201, or visit the OEO website at http://schools.nyc.gov/OEO