As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will facilitate configuration development and integration of the New Glenn Launch Vehicle. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of the design configuration throughout the product lifecycle. Your passion for space means you're committed to the necessary quality and attention to detail required to support human space flight. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Lead an integrated product team (IPT) to define the best design solutions for New Glenn
* Manage the integrated design solution across the vehicle structural, mechanical, fluids and electrical subsystems
* Support development of system requirements, flow down, and verification planning
* Lead cross-functional trade and impact studies
* Coordinate and communicate designs changes between affected sub-systems
* Assist in configuration management
* Assisting in Engineering Change Requests (ECR's)
* Create and manage interface definitions between subsystems with appropriate model definition and control documents
* Manage inter module development priorities and expectations as resolution of integration issues between lead engineers and their respective teams
* Ensure that the configuration supports major design reviews and integration milestones
* Maintain and report on development activity, schedule, budget and technical issues
* Ensure manufacturing assembly, integrated test and concept of operations strategies are developed concurrently with the equipment module design
* Interface with construction contractors on assembly planning and on-site integration
* Provide technical assistance to integration and testing activities
* Ensure the team adheres to the configuration management best practices as well as Blue Origin configuration management standards
* B.S. degree in engineering and at least 7 years of experience in the development, packaging, and interface definition of large structural support equipment used in oil/gas, aircraft, spacecraft, automotive, or launch vehicle structures
* Demonstrated configuration control experience on large support equipment used in oil/gas, aircraft, automotive, or launch vehicles from early trade studies through final design, and into manufacturing and test.
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills and experience working in a highly integrated cross-functional team environment
* Good judgment and flexibility, and oriented on achieving results
* Strong design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software and visualization tools
* Demonstrated knowledge of scheduling and planning principles and tools
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* B.S. degree in engineering and at least 10 years of experience or M.S. degree in engineering and at least 8 year of experience.
* Strong GD&T skills and experience with large tolerance stack-up analysis
* Experience using PTC Creo and Windchill
* Participated in a recognized configuration management training (CMII)
* Knowledge of aerospace vehicle fabrication and assembly techniques and related quality control concepts
* Ability to interpret and apply high-level system requirements to practical design solutions
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.