LMI is a government consulting firm, dedicated exclusively to advancing the management of the government. As a not-for-profit company, we deliver the best value for the government dollar as all revenues are directed to our mission of advancing government rather than to delivering shareholder value. We operate completely free of political and commercial bias, and we are entirely aligned with the goals of our clients. Our clients value our not-for-profit status and specialized services in logistics, intelligence, homeland security, health care, and energy and environment markets. We believe government can make a difference, and we seek talented, hardworking people who share that conviction.
LMI is seeking an Instructional System Design Consultant to join the Strategy and Organizational Management group assisting our client within the WMA in the full spectrum of training and development. This position would include developing and delivering both in-person and virtual training, as well as providing recommendations on overarching training strategy. This position will be located in the Washington DC area.
* Supports the client on a variety of projects including preliminary design, management and oversight, research and development and coordination.
* Recommend learning solutions and learning modalities based on analysis of learning goals, organizational and technological constraints, and budget and schedule considerations.
* Use a variety of learning modalities to optimize learning experiences.
* Organize complex information into hierarchies, flows, taxonomies, or other structures to clearly convey information to learners.
* Develop conceptual documents and other documentation to support learning solutions.
* Develop learning solution documentation (e.g., storyboards, job aids, design plan documents)
* Consult with stakeholders to gather requirements and document concepts, processes, work tasks, and related subject matter.
* Work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Develop scenario driven learning experiences.
* Develop complex simulations or games.
* Develop interactive techniques to increase engagement.
* Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Systems Design, Educational Technology or Curriculum Development
* 5+ years of experience with learning theory and instructional technologies
* Experience with Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, or other learning development related tools.
* Experience in instructional systems design, ADDIE, Blooms taxonomy, and Kirkpatrick model is desirable.
* Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* A true team player who maintains a positive attitude in a dynamic environment.
* Strong attention to detail and quality with exceptional organization skills.
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required
* Experience in federal government or federal government consulting
* Experience designing and executing training in both traditional and virtual formats
* ISD Certification - desired but not required. If no certification, need to demonstrate experience as an ISD
* Master's degree