Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $472 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit: Innovations
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Job Title: Software Engineer
As a full stack software engineer, you'll develop innovative technologies that are changing the Alternative Asset Management industry. You'll work with other engineers and business analysts to design, build, deploy, and support the core of Blackstone Innovations' suite of applications. Internal applications are mostly developed in C# with the .NET stack, including the ASP.NET web framework. We also develop integration software that runs on various 3rd party systems and platforms including Salesforce, Tableau, and ServiceNow. Your team will tackle a variety of problems ranging from optimizing data retrieval performance to scaling out infrastructure or bringing complex systems together. You'll devise elegant solutions to Blackstone's most important problems, and put your own best ideas to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
The skills and experience you'll need to make an impact:
* B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
* Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies
* Self-starting, entrepreneurial attitude
* Strong object-oriented programming experience in any language
* SQL Server or other database technology experience
* Ability to drive your projects from inception to completion
* Willingness to teach, coach, and mentor others
* Producing high quality code and soliciting feedback
* Taking a position and sharing views freely in a constructive and solution based manner
* Deep experience in one or more of messaging, search, caching, automation and UI frameworks is a plus
How you'll make an impact:
* Building web applications, services, and functionality on a variety of platforms
* Styling applications using SCSS and Bootstrap
* Automating infrastructure configuration using Puppet
* Leveraging RabbitMQ for messaging
* Improving search using Apache Solr
* Writing automated unit, integration, and deployment tests
* Designing data models and persist data to SQL Server
* Using T-SQL to manipulate and transform data
* Building caching layers using Redis
* Using TeamCity and Jenkins to automate deployments
* Building tooling to automate away repetitive tasks
* Leading technical design and code reviews to drive projects towards the best results
* Challenging, implementing, and developing best practices
How a Blackstone Innovations career will have an impact on you:
* Both learn from and teach dedicated and passionate developers
* Get involved in recruiting and interviewing in order to help build a world class team
* Both attend and help host technology events and meetups around the city with your colleagues
* Help to design and roll out open source initiatives, cloud infrastructure and a technical blog
* Take advantage of a variety of training opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
About Blackstone Group
Blackstone Group is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm.