Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $512 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Innovations (BXi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge.
Blackstone's Engineering Team is responsible for providing frameworks and tooling that empower 125+ developers and infrastructure engineers to move faster with less risk across several different business units. As an engineer on the team, you will be responsible for developing new enhancements to our existing frameworks in addition to actively extending our capabilities with new ideas. You will also be expected to take ownership of projects and identify and close gaps in automation along with the rest of the engineering team
This position will involve building internal tooling and automation frameworks for use by other developers, puppet development, infrastructure testing as well as identifying automation opportunities across our technology stack. In addition, you will be researching and implementing technologies and workflows to drive the next wave of technology and development within Blackstone.
Skills and experience:
* B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
* Capable of evolving and improving complex systems
* Strong cloud (AWS, Azure) and data center experience
* Experience with scripting languages such as Powershell, python, or Ruby a plus
* Demonstrated ability migrating non-containerized applications to containers
* A plus for experience with Windows Containers
* Experience working with source control (git) and CI/CD systems (Jenkins/TeamCity etc)
* Experience with a configuration management tool (Puppet preferred)
* Experience with HashiCorp stack a plus, specifically Terraform, Vagrant, Packer, Vault, Consul
* Excellent troubleshooting skills on both Windows and Linux
* Strong ability to communicate technical ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
* Passion for challenging the status quo
How you'll make an impact:
* Build, maintain, and test infrastructure using code-first approaches
* Building tooling for developers to improve self-service and automation
* Work with operations and development teams to understand pain points and to drive automation priorities
* Work with infrastructure engineers to automate data center operations
* Work with development teams to migrate applications to containers
* Build, maintain, and manage clusters for technologies like Kubernetes
* Support containerized workflows and applications
* Drive container adoption among developers and teams
* Research and deployment of new technologies to continue moving the team and Blackstone forward
* Puppet Development
* Manifest creation and module development in Ruby
* Extending the in house Puppet development tooling
* Improving the software development process across teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
About Blackstone Group
Blackstone Group operates as multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm.