The ITW Performance Polymers Project Manager reports to the R & D Director and is responsible for leading cross-functional teams in the new product development effort to bring new and innovative products from idea to deployment. This role will apply project management best practice knowledge, tools, methodologies and techniques to meet or surpass the needs and expectations of all stakeholders. This position is located in Danvers, MA.
* Promote, support and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures.
* Manage multiple NPD projects through all phases of the Innovation Framework. Collaborate with functional leads to plan and execute NPD projects including: defining requirements, developing schedules, resource planning, product and project cost control, business case, risk management, develop the product needs specification, risk analysis, technical feasibility and other requirements. Facilitate project team meetings, track project progress identifying critical path, tasks and communicate project status regularly and as required.
* Drive enterprise strategy and continuous improvement culture throughout the team by using "80/20" tools thru the Innovation Process.
* Support and drive meaningful metrics that measure progress thru the Innovation Pipeline: Vitality Index, Project Phase Cycle times, Product life Cycle Cost, Idea tracking & others.
* Develop detailed project and resource plans across multiple projects within the portfolio and dynamically track project progress across the portfolio.
* Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the project deliverables meet plan.
* Coordinate within project teams across all functions including Marketing, Sales, HR, Operations, Quality, EHS, Tech Services and other support functions.
* Ensures all quality requirements are met according the Innovation Framework thought the NPD process and at Deployment
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, Chemistry, Engineering, Polymer Science required.
* PMP Certification is required.
* 5+ years of project management experience in a cross functional role.
* Demonstrated ability to produce results within a collaborative team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
* Demonstrated project-planning and project-management skills
* Ability to support management of ITW Performance Polymers Innovation Process to meet the company's growth objectives.
* Ability to define a problem, gather data to draw conclusions and develop appropriate plans to address.
* Strong change management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
* Excellent understanding of Stage Gate process and discipline to drive projects thru the product development pipeline. Track record of driving meaningful time-to-market improvements in Stage Gate process.
* Excellent business analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Excellent time management, prioritization abilities and project management.
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in communicating and working with a remote staff.
* Willing to travel when necessary.
* BA in a technical discipline, Chemistry, Engineering, Polymer Science.
* MBA and/or Advanced degree preferred.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment.
Illinois Tool Works is a company that manufactures and sells industrial products and equipment.