Innovation/Process Improvement Specialist
Req #: 223179
Location: Arlington, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
The Navy has aging IT systems that cannot support a modern Navy growing to meet the demands of the National Security Strategy. Recognizing these shortfalls, OPNAV N1 has engaged in a full-scale modernization process called MPT&E Transformation which is expected to modernize personnel management and training systems to more effectively recruit, develop, manage, reward and retain the force of tomorrow. The MPT&E transformation program will bring together all MPT&E capabilities into a single, modern System of Systems Architecture (SOSA) to support the Manpower, Personnel, Training and Education mission. PMW240's preferred approach employs a Cloud First strategy that leverages PaaS and SaaS based solutions within and hybrid cloud operating environment to support both Ashore and Afloat mission requirements.
The MPT&E innovation lead will provide systems engineering and continuous process and service improvement support for the MPT&E Transformation program. Capabilities to include: mission requirements analysis; vision/strategy development; business process re-engineering; and continuous program, portfolio and capability transformation. He/she must demonstrate the ability to assess current state performance and identify opportunities to incrementally transform the MPT&E solution to achieve program objectives. The position requires extensive DOD BPR experience (15 years) and a lean Six Sigma Blackbelt certification. Desirable characteristics include: working knowledge of the hire to retire business process; the PeopleSoft 9.2 platform; the Salesforce platform; and migration of capabilities to the Cloud. Business process transformation experience is critical given the customers desire to continue to streamline the Navy's existing personnel and pay processes.
Special emphasis will be required on coaching and mentoring systems engineering and software development staff on the planning and execution of critical transformation initiatives.
This position requires an individual who is extremely knowledgeable and skilled in all phases of process design and systems analysis. Individual must possess strong strategic decision making skills, superior leadership abilities, and excellent team building skills. Must have the vision to understand the customer's business requirements and can apply current state methods and techniques (to include people, process and technology) to solve the business problem with minimum risk.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Business·/IT Strategy Development - Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the current and future state of technology to support the achievement of business objectives.
* Business Architecture Development -Must be capable of analyzing requirements and developing an optimized business architecture - to include process design, organizational design, location design, and use case and information model development.
* Data Architecture Development - Experience engineering and developing scalable and high-performance solutions for processing and distributing massive datasets using standards
* Performance Architecture Design - Demonstrate ability to identify and implement performance metrics designed to provide leading indicators for service performance assessment.
* Systems Analysis and Design - Demonstrate ability to transform technology enabled solutions to improve the user experience, automate processes currently requiring a "human in the loop", and identify and target existing laws, regulations and polices that - if modified - would permit significant improvement to quality and affordability of the target solution.
* Formulate and present solutions for internal and external customer review.
* repare progress reports and update steering committee/executive management as to status, anticipated issues and risks, and problems as they develop.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Requires bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and 15 years (minimum) of related (large-scale information solution architecture) experience.
* Candidate must possess a minimum of 15 years' DOD experience supporting business process improvement on a large-scale Federal/DOD systems integration contract. Candidate must possess a Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
* Depth of knowledge of Commercial and/or DOD system and software design/development best practices, to include;
* a. Program and capability portfolio management
* b. Model Based Systems Engineering
* c. System of Systems Architecture Design, Development and Implementation
* d. Business Process Transformation, Reengineering
* Demonstrated success in managing the evolution of COTS on-premise solutions to a mixed hybrid cloud (PaaS and SaaS) application portfolio.
* Knowledge, understanding of the Hire to Retire business process
* Cloud and Multi-cloud management
* Data Transformation (to a NIEM compliant information exchange model)
* Capability based legacy systems and data migration
* Must be US citizen with ability to obtain a Secret clearance. Program will be headquartered in the Northern Virginia/National Capital Region.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.