Samsung Austin Semiconductor (SAS) is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the United States. Owned by Samsung Electronics Corporation Ltd., SAS is the only semiconductor manufacturing plant located outside of Korea. SAS manufactures logic components for digital services, personal computers, mobile phones, workstations and servers. Since 1997, SAS has been at the forefront of manufacturing technology, enabling the world's digital devices to operate at the highest performance.
The Innovation team is focused on continuous improvement of business processes, equipment and technology to ensure the overall factory meets its goals.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
* The Innovation Department at SAS is responsible for continuous improvement of factory performance.
* This position entails developing web applications to improve efficiency, tracking, reporting and closed-loop communications across the site.
* Specific Responsibilities include:
* Collect customer VOC for both new web applications and improvements to existing applications.
* Develop full-stack solutions to meet customer needs including:
* Database setup: table creation, privilege management, stored procedure and SQL development, job and schedule management.
* Web server setup: IIS Manager, Apache, PHP.
* Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
* Additional responsibilities will include supporting the LEAN (WorkSmart) Manufacturing program at SAS. This will include teaching of various continuous improvement classes and facilitating the on-site Idea Fair.
* Work hours and days: 1st Shift.
Skills and Qualifications
* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Engineering with required skill set.
* 4-6 years working in software development preferred.
* Writing and optimizing queries using SQL (Oracle & Microsoft).
* Designing application schema, building scalable systems.
* Ability to multitask is required.
* Able to effectively communicate across multiple departments and levels within the company.
* Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
* Teaching/presentation experience preferred.
* Semiconductor Manufacturing experience is a plus.