Organization NameInnovation and OptimizationDepartment DescriptionBrief DescriptionThe Engineering Solutions Architect of Innovation & Optimization reports into our Director I&O and is responsible for managing Global Projects in US, Canada and Australia to improve any type of operational cost through the innovative application of technology and business processes. Detailed Description
* Develop new strategies, policies, practices, methods, programs or techniques and utilizing them to analyze and interpret difficult problems or situations.
* Responsible for identifying, testing and deploying new material processing, sorting and grading systems through the application of state of the art technology sorting, conveyance, transport, storage, logistics and distribution across a large network of suppliers and retail outlets.
* Supports introduction of labor savings technologies.
* Lead Lean teams to identify reduce and control all forms of waste through Lean Six Sigma Techniques.
* Lead cross-functional teams to implement and refine pilots, synthesize findings, develop countermeasures, execute implementation and achieve bold targets.
* Explore opportunities to merge lean thinking with digitization efforts to improve modernization and scalability of our business.
* Ensure statistical methods of data collection and analysis are used in the evaluation of proposed changes.
* Establish and maintain control plans monitoring appropriate metrics to validate success of improvements.
* Proactively develop and maintain broad knowledge of technology, product handling, and retail industry trends and innovation; apply broad knowledge of trends and best practices in a manner that ensures exceptional performance and results.
* Participates on company world-wide teams to share information, help implement global initiatives, and continuously improve performance in Production areas
* Analyze Production processes and accordingly balance production throughput to satisfy demand.
* Design and Develops Playbooks of Operation specifying Standard Capacity data.
* Strong people/team leadership
* Demonstrated supervisory and management experience
* Demonstrated experience with technology innovation
* Demonstrated experience communicating projects and timelines to the Executive Team
* Demonstrated experience in developing and executing strategic plans relating to innovation
* Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
* Demonstrated customer service skills
* Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
* Ability to make or influence decisions - in all directions within the organization
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
* Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multitask
* Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
* Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
* Experience leading large, complex projects
* Ability to work within Savers culture
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Project
* Demonstrated experience on excel; pivot tables, charts and formulas. Macros is a plus.
* Working Knowledge on Visio, Minitab, AutoCAD, 3D modeling Software.
* Experience tracking and controlling Project budgets.
* Ability to work, manage and negotiate with external suppliers, from cost, time-line, development and execution perspective.
* Ability to coach and lead Technical Resources
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt minimum
* Optical scanning implementation experience required.
* Bachelor's and technical education degree required.
* Minimum of 6-8 years' experience in equivalent role/level.
* Experience with high volumes, high mixes.
* Experience with transportation and logistics required.
* Experience with retail distribution preferred.
* Strong technology and data analytics experience required.
* 45-65% travel, US and Canada stores will be required.
Savers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Savers is an eVerify Company
Visit us at http://www.savers.com/
SkillMinimum LevelMaximum LevelDesirabilityNo results found.
TitleTypeDescriptionCategoryLast Updated ByLast UpdatedUsageUpdateDeleteNo results found.
Savers and Value Village are thrift stores where people can shop and donate high quality second hand merchandise.