Job Req ID: 1575
Job Title: InkJet Press Technical Specialist
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., a global Fortune 1000 company and one of Forbes 2017 America's Best Large Employers, is transforming the way we all do business.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to drive innovation and make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our award-winning products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
At Konica Minolta, you'll work for an amazing technology company with growth opportunities, great benefits and talented, passionate co-workers.
Konica Minolta currently has an exciting opportunity for an IP Technical Specialist!
Provide onsite technical support to customers on the operation, maintenance and repairs of ink jet printing systems. This includes documenting work performed, tracking parts usage, testing, calibrating, troubleshooting, loading software updates and performing preventative maintenance at scheduled intervals.
Essential Job Functions
* Responsible for onsite installation, maintenance and repairs of Ink Jet Print equipment
* Communicate clearly and professionally with customers to handle requests efficiently; convey technical information in an easily understood manner; exceed customer expectations regularly
* Identify urgent situations that require additional actions to satisfy the customer's needs including escalations of technical issues; avoid customer downtime by recommending alternatives and workarounds
* Understand levels of customer entitlement and able to identify fee-based professional services activities for quote and execution
* Provide operator training and ongoing support
* High degree of self-motivation to succeed and dedicated to self- improvement
* Detailed knowledge in reading wiring diagrams, repair manuals related to digital press equipment
* Actively participate in learning opportunities and completes assigned curriculum in a timely manner; applies knowledge to continuously improve the customer experience
* Perform other projects and tasks as assigned by Konica Minolta management
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Strong working knowledge of industry, Production Print hardware, services and solutions offerings
* Proficiency in time management and organizational discipline
* Networking and software knowledge is necessary
* Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate technical data
* Ability to prioritize and organize work independently, without direct supervision
* Multi-tasking ability is a must
* Willingness to travel up to 50%
* Ability to work different shifts if necessary
* Strong responsibility, self-motivated, able to work under high pressure
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and listening skills
* Industry certifications in the area of color, project and/or networking
* Prior offset press experience is a plus
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
* High school or equivalent
* Extensive service technical support knowledge (3 year minimum)
Konica Minolta Offers:
* Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, company-provided disability and life insurance)
* 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
* Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
* Tuition Assistance Program
* Employee Referral Bonus Program
* Ongoing professional development training
* Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.