Req #: 222852
Location: Ashburn, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Top Secret
CACI's Agile Solution Factory (ASF) is hiring an experienced Production System Administrator with expertise and technical experience, managing high availability Production systems, in a Department of Defense (DoD) environment.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is crucial. You should have worked with or have a strong interest work with VMware environments and service support.
What you'll get to do:
The ideal candidate will have significant VMware experience, with strong active directory skills. This person will work within a team that is responsible for system maintenance, software upgrades, and security compliance. The candidate will also serve as a key team member for upcoming technology refresh projects. Day to day activities include responding to support requests, supporting system installations, interfacing with the Pentagon Joint Service Provider (JSP) and day to day maintenance. The candidate will also contribute to operational and system support documentation in accordance with the program's configuration management procedures, regularly notifying the team lead when problems or issues arise that are outside the normal scope of work. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
Are you interested in:
Providing hands-on systems operations to a production system, ensuring application availability and security compliance
Basic responsibilities include:
* Provide technical expertise in the installation, implementation, operation, maintenance and security of Microsoft Windows servers and proprietary applications.
* Support Microsoft systems, virtual images and HP hardware.
* Resolve application and system software problems
* Evaluate and recommend hardware/software enhancements as needed including management of system updates and patches
* Troubleshoot configuration and integration issues in production
* Monitor and optimize system performance
* Configure security on supported platforms, research security issues / warning notifications for applicability and implementation of patches and fixes
* Ensure backup procedures are in place and executed on a timely basis
* Interfacing with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
Performing scheduled and allocated work, providing guidance on modernization initiatives, and resolving problems to meet technical performance and financial objectives
You have and are good at:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen, with a minimum, Interim Top-Secret Government security clearance
* Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
* Minimum 3 Years of VMware administration
* Strong technical background, with a minimum of five (5) solid years of experience providing system administration, production support for Windows Operating systems
* Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter and highly proactive
* Thorough knowledge of server and system administration principles
* Experience with DoD STIGs
* Experience working with High Availability systems
* DoD experience, a plus.
* 8570 Compliance (Security + and Technical Certification (Microsoft or VMware)) Required
Bonus would be having:
* College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Information Management Systems or acceptable work experience required
* Understanding of DoD hardening standards
* Experience with Group Policy, DNS, and acquiring and implementing DoD generated certificates
* Strong, active listening skills
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
The position is located at the Pentagon. Standard work coverage is 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.