Infrastructure Support - Site Reliability Engineer Lead
Req #: 190038233
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
Key responsibilities shall include, but no be limited to:
* Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
* Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
* Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
* Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
* Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
* Coach or manage teams as applicable
* Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
* Exhibit an infrastructure, configuration and network-as-code mindset
* Operations skills to identify and mitigate difficult and complex technical problems and the coding skills to resolve those problems permanently through automation
* Work as part of a global team to achieve project and organizational goals
* Ensure quality deliverables are created following Agile/Scrum development practices and deployed use CI/CD pipelines
* Implement automated testing to ensure overall quality of deliverable is consistent with defined standards
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
* Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
* Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks)
* Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
* Strong experience in at least three (3) of Hadoop, Cassandra, MariaDB, MarkLogic, Kafka, Hive, or Spark
* Understanding of data persistence and NoSQL data paradigms
* Solid skills in database security & performance tuning and optimizing poorly performing queries, stored procedures
* Highly proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, Java/Spring Boot, .Net, Powershell, Flask, or ReactJS (two or more preferred) and development tools such as GIT & Bitbucket
* CCNA or equivalent hands-on networking experience
* Strong server OS scripting and automation experience (Windows or Linux)
* Observability experience: white & black box monitoring, telemetry collection, and data analysis tools such as Geneos, Prometheus, kafka, Splunk, etc.
* Familiarity with best practices for infrastructure design for applications using Microservices, APIs, Big Data, and more
* Strong experience with containers and container orchestration: Kubernetes, PKS, Docker
* Fluency with Testing Tools like JUnit, Cucumber, JMeter
* Familiarity with Sign-Sign On solutions/products
* Familiarity with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible
* Public/Private Cloud Experience (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cyber security, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.