* Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Technology
* Schedule: Full-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Employee Status: Regular
* Travel Time: No
* Job ID: 19028603
Who are we?
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the products and services that enable Citi's workforce, along with the majority of the financial solutions that Citi's customers rely on. We provide the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations through the infrastructure that runs business and general user computing services. We do this by working as one-team to deliver high quality, reliable and modern infrastructure technologies at the right cost. We drive to optimize the functionality and capability of the infrastructure technologies.
The CTI Solutions Engineering architecture team is focused on ensuring the use of standard infrastructure patterns and utility services to support the application performance, resiliency and availability requirements in the most economical manner. The architecture team will also deliver customized solutions that address the unique technology demands of Citi's Consumer Banking organization.
In CTI we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
The Infrastructure Architect will be part of a team whose role is the design and modification of complex, multi-system environments. In this role, you will identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware, storage, operating systems, and connectivity solutions. You will also create and maintain standards and patterns development used within the Consumer infrastructure technology space. You will partner with business leaders, developers, engineers, and production support teams to provide design guidelines, impart knowledge on technical trends and serve as a Subject Matter Expert on systems configuration and integration, capacity planning, performance analysis and optimization.
Core Role Competencies
Infrastructure Architecture & Strategy:
* Work with senior technologists to influence and shape the strategic infrastructure target state
* Help define and implement infrastructure standards
* Influence and educate engineers on standards, processes and tools
Disaster Recovery Strategy:
* Partner with the application owners to develop and update comprehensive DR strategy for the line of businesses across the global enterprise
* Work with Production teams to develop specific Disaster Recovery plans that meet the overall strategy
* Recommend specific tools strategies, and solutions for DR solutions
* Provide technical assistance with the most challenging issues that span multiple systems, or show recurring trends that have not been successfully resolved
* Strong and effective communication skills to guide meetings, provide direction, conduct presentations, and influence change, and enforcing enterprise directives with compliant and non-compliant teams.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Enterprise Architecture and Solution Engineering mindset or thought leadership required
* Experience with would typically commensurate with 3 years of Infrastructure Architecture and/or Solutions experience
* Strong Infrastructure understanding of Virtual machines, Containers, Database clusters, Application clusters and distributed systems
* Extensive experience in HA/DR deployment strategies of IBM WebSphere, Oracle WebLogic, and Apache Tomcat or JBOSS
* A good understanding of HA database architecture such as; Sql Server Always On, Oracle RAC, and MongoDB sharing across distributed environments and multiple data centers
* Knowledge of mainframe modernization and migration of data from Tandem/Unisys to Oracle using Data Bridge or other technologies.
* Working experience with database replication technologies like Golden Gate, SSIS, or Ab Initio.
* Experience with messaging platforms like WebSphere MQ, Solace, and Tibco EMS
* Understanding of BIG data and Integration technologies like Kafka and Hadoop
* Strong and dedicated documentation skills to articulate the architecture design and solution using Microsoft Visio and Word
Citigroup is a company providing financial products and services.