Are you passionate about working across multiple teams to build infrastructure solutions that are more than the sum of their parts? Do you thrive on turning ambiguity into clarity? Do you enjoy diving into your customer's business requirements, and finding the best architectural solution to meet their needs?
Amazon's Seattle IT team is looking for a smart, energetic Technical Program Manager to lead the design and delivery of complex technical system and network infrastructure to support Amazon's growing Seattle campus. This role will give you an opportunity to work with many different teams across the organization and leverage a range of technologies and systems to deliver solutions.
* In conjunction with various internal and external stakeholders, design complex and cross-functional technical architecture solutions for a wide variety of IT infrastructure gaps and problems.
* Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, draft project schedules/milestones, and then work with engineers and project managers to for delivery.
* Work with stakeholders to identify technical and resource options to successfully deliver the designed architecture, assemble project teams, and assign responsibilities.
* Assess costs and benefits; identify and mitigate risks; manage escalations; anticipate and make trade-offs; balance business needs with technical constraints.
* Clearly communicate technical goals, responsibilities, risks and status to team members and stakeholders. Capture and share best practice knowledge across the internal and external teams.
* Understand and promote the use of applicable internal Amazon systems, platforms and technologies.
* Drive effective collaboration and architectural consensus across multiple disparate local and remote groups with competing priorities.
Successful candidates will possess a well-rounded technical background in IT systems management, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. They will also have experience in developing IT infrastructure architecture and related project management in a global, matrix organization. Maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. You must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. In addition to driving high-level strategic initiatives, you must also be able to roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Global IT values diversity of thought and wants to grow through hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences, allowing us to continue to innovate for complex problems. If you're interested in helping us shape our journey and being part of the team, then please apply to find out more.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.