John Wiley & Sons
Title: Infrastructure Program Manager
Location: Hoboken, NJ
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
The Infrastructure Program Manager will manage a set of strategic initiatives and programs from conception to implementation including all aspects from planning and aligning stakeholder expectations to execution of all activities necessary to ensure successful implementation in the areas of infrastructure (data center, cloud, disaster recovery/business continuity, networking, telecom, migration/backup, facilities and integrations).
The ideal candidate must be comfortable with leading and influencing cross functional teams in a dynamic organization as the responsibilities will have interdependencies with Wiley departments and business units. Experience with helping enterprises and organizations transform to utilizing cloud technologies is highly desirable.
* Leading infrastructure programs within time, budgets, and specification constraints
* Assembling the project team, assigning responsibilities, identifying resources, developing the project schedule, and ensuring deadlines are successfully met for the project
* Creating project charters, business cases, scope documents, risk assessments, and project budgets
* Leading the assessment of inter-project dependencies, gauging the financial impact and risk of the project(s)
* Leading efforts around work plans, schedules, estimates, resource planning, status reports
* Managing both internal and external project resources, tracking/reviewing vendor tasks/deliverables
* Providing performance feedback for project team members
* Working to ensure that projects are effectively transitioned to service operations/acceptance
* Ensuring compliance with all relevant IT process documentation requirements.
* Five to seven plus years of project/program management experience in information technology management and infrastructure.
* Advanced experience with Agile methodologies, traditional project/program management and integration projects/programs.
* Knowledge of cloud technologies, disaster recovery/business continuity planning, industry standards, frameworks, and best practices related to IT infrastructure and program management.
* Intermediate - Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and project/program management tools.
* Ability to work independently - Self-motivated. Hands-on, detail orientation.
* Ability to make timely and sound decisions
* Superior presentation and communication skills
* Detail oriented with proven ability to multitask in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and changing requirements.
* Able to think strategically and tactically to make program successful through consensus and team building skills
* Able to build and maintain strong, trust-based relationships across the organization; Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
* Ability to both lead and function as a member of a core program team
* Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
* Ability to travel to Wiley locations as needed.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
About John Wiley & Sons
John Wiley & Sons operates as a research and learning company worldwide.
John Wiley & Sons