Ready to take your Architecture and Infrastructure Strategy (Data Architect) skill set to the next level with a Fortune 7 Company? Check out this opportunity with CVS Health!
As a member of the PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management) Member Services Innovation and Reporting Team, the Infrastructure Member Services (Data Architect) - Advisor role is responsible for building and maintaining the Architecture and Infrastructure Strategy and Design. The strategy will be based on the PBM data definitions and business rules as defined by CMS (Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services) and the CVS PBM Business Community. This role will act as the PBM Innovation and Reporting team's resident expert in PBM data sources, structures, and associated optimization. In addition; this person will partner with PBM Vendors, IT Architecture and Infrastructure Support Teams, Technical Design Advisors, PBM OPS Business Analysts and Account Management to understand data definitions and business rules. The goal of working with the IT Architecture and Infrastructure support team is to ensure alignment with future state Enterprise architecture plans.
In this role, you will lead and drive architecture projects for the Innovation and Reporting team. You will collaborate by helping with and creating team deliverables necessary to achieve the business and client reporting needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Lead database structure/design work for the PBM business operations environment, driving high performance through effective reporting, and influencing leaders around the best database solution for their groups by analyzing structure requirements.
* Partner with business leaders to provide technical expertise on data modeling, design guidelines, and best practices. Duties include creating database solutions, evaluating requirements, and preparing design reports
* Outline the architectural principles and techniques that will span across master data, transaction data, and derived/analytic data. Working with business team to review the needs of the database, the data that is available, and outlining a blueprint for creating, testing and maintaining that database.
* Provide direction in data integration standards, frameworks and best practices related to ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) and storage/management technologies.
* Manage communications with technical, vendor, application leaders and PBM operations staff to ensure reporting database integrity with multiple systems-of-record data extracts.
* 3+ years of professional Data Architecture experience
* 3+ years of experience in database structure/design to support Reporting Development in a high-performing and highly engaged reporting team within a PBM business operations environment.
* 3+ years of data modeling experience
* 3+ years' experience with a business intelligence or other business analytics software (SQL Server, Cognos, Crystal, Business Objects, SAS, Tableau, etc.)
* Highly competent with data modeling using industry leading tools like ERWIN or ERStudio
* Strong technical understanding of data modeling, design and architecture principles and techniques across master data, transaction data and derived/analytic data; strong technical expertise in data storage/management technologies.
* Strong technical understanding of data integration standards, frameworks and best practices; especially as they relate to ETL and database design.
* Ability to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing dynamic environment. Regular communication with technical, vendor, application and PBM operations staff to ensure reporting database integrity with multiple systems-of-record data extracts.
* Experience in operationalizing data governance and data quality through metadata.
* Familiarity with the major big data solutions and products available in the market
* Expertise in creating and deploying best big data practices and methodologies
* Familiarity with Data Management, different modeling techniques - data modeling and/or predictive modeling, scaling big data technology teams
* Capability to architect highly scalable data solutions.
* Exposure to Healthcare Domain knowledge
* Experience using quantitative skills with the ability to link product design and features to strategic objectives while using hard data and metrics to substantiate assumptions and recommendations
* Provide training to manage various data and ensure enhancement in staff working
* Coordinate with project supervisors and business heads and manages all projects regarding enterprise data.
* Oversee and monitor all frameworks to manage data across organization
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience may be considered.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.