Infrastructure Engineering - DevOps / Implementation
Req #: 190056085
Location: Chicago, IL, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks that make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role you'll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who shares your passion for technology, you'll also gain access to the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
* Knowledge of one specific infrastructure technology and basic programming languages or database management systems (Java, PERL, Python)
* Intermediate understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
* Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
* Thinks creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
* Build tools to automate deployment and validation with the goal of reducing occurrences of errors and reduce time to RTO
* Assist in application containerization for future installation
* Document release features/changes and present the information to users
* Deploy scheduled application updates and fixes
* Provide application support for all environments
* Develop technical and instructional documentation to perform application installation
* Perform root cause analysis for test and production environment errors
* Investigate and resolve Windows technical issues
* Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
* Support new technology initiatives and collaborate with other technical teams for a successful implementation
* Develop subject matter expertise related to core applications in order to facilitate identifying challenges/risks and proposing solutions
* Ensure user and business feedback is incorporated so that deliverables meet business needs
* Minimum of 3-5 years of experience, preferably in technology at a financial services or technology company
* Team player with excellent relationship-building skills and the ability to establish trust, credibility, and influence stakeholders
* Self-starter with ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and cross-functional environment that is results-driven
* Analytical thinker and creative problem solver capable of developing innovative and differentiated solutions
* Strong time-management and organizational skills with ability to objectively prioritize and be productive with minimal supervision
* Working knowledge of Docker Desktop and Kubernetes
* Working knowledge of databases and SQL
* Working knowledge of Windows 2012 functionality
* Working knowledge of Linux
* Working knowledge of deployment and validation automation method
Citizenship or Permanent Lawful Resident Status for 7 years contiguous required.
Requires United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Background Clearance process.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.