Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer / Systems Admin (Linux)
Job Location: Dulles, VA
Job Code: ES20192903-30720
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
We are seeking an eager Linux System Administrator with a passion for automation. The candidate will work closely with the engineering team to help us further automate the processes of managing, patching, troubleshooting, optimizing and securing our Linux infrastructures. You will have an opportunity to be part of our next architecture refresh that will utilize the latest technologies to streamline our service delivery while maintaining system uptime and optimal performance.
Responsibilities will include though not limited to the following:
* Install, configure, patch and upgrade assigned systems. Perform system monitoring utilizing enterprise tools, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
* Research, design, and test automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
* Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
* Support applications, web administration, account management, backup/recovery, automation/scripting, manage system storage, monitoring event logs and system health, virtualization, and clustering
* Maintain and update documentation
* Configure Linux iptables and firewall policies
* Perform security scans, remediation, and compliance reporting. Perform vulnerability assessment, monitoring, and reporting.
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or another related Technical field or relevant work experience
* Red Hat 6.x and 7.x experience is required
* Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, Python or Perl)
* At least 2 years of experience working with configuration management tools
* At least 2 years of experience working with network and security tools and applications like A/V, SELinux, SCAP, Nessus
* 4 plus years of experience with Linux system performance monitoring and system tuning, VM's and Containers
* Active Secret clearance or TS/SCI
* Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
* MySQL, MariaDB Experience
* Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Experience selecting, deploying and maintaining automated test tools and environments
* Experience with virtualization hypervisors (e.g. ESXi, VirtualBox)
* Firewalls, Routers, Switches
* Experience with design, implementation, troubleshooting, optimization
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a Secret US Security Clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement
L3Harris EEO statement:
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER