We are looking for a self-motivated INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER to join our growing team at Anaplan HQ in the city-by-the-bay, SAN FRANCISCO. As part of our Global Engineering Group you will collaborate with engineers located in our other offices, including Minneapolis, US, London, UK, and York, UK. This is an opportunity for you to work for one of the coolest hyper-growth companies in technology.Are you a creative problem solver who can provide and receive feedback? Do you lead with inclusion, collaboration and openness? This is an opportunity for you to work for a high-growth startup that is disrupting how companies do business.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will work on improving Anaplan's platform using skills in automation, coding, and platform services architecture. We have a long list of incredible benefits and offer highly competitive packages. We are serious about attracting the best technologists in the industry! You will work with smart team members who are pushing distributed computing to the limits. This is a rewarding career with a company that values diversity and invests in you!
In the heart of the eclectic SOMA district, you can feel the excitement and energy of what we do at Anaplan when you step into our San Francisco office. There are open floor plans, fully stocked kitchens, and great collaboration spaces, and we focus on making sure that you have everything you need to work well from the right lighting to the latest technology. When it's time for the team to play together, we visit with our neighbors at a Giants game or a local pub's happy hour. Come see for yourself what a collaborative and exciting place to work looks like. You will join a team of individuals who embrace and respect diverse perspectives, aren't afraid to push boundaries and try new ideas, and are passionate about helping our customers and each other succeed. We work hard, but we also don't wait for an excuse to have fun and we inspire each other!
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you're ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
* Discovery and correction of technical deficiencies
* Improving our platform through tested and reliable automation
* Investigate and evaluate new technologies to implement on our platform
* Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering on delivering essential integration technologies to the marketplace
* Deliver extraordinary communication and collaboration skills
* Discover solutions to distributed computational problems in a very low latency platform
More about you:
* Organized, methodical and detail oriented, with superior analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience in at least 1 scripting language, such as Python, Ruby, and Bash
* Intermediate knowledge of at least one configuration management system (ex. Chef, Ansible, or Puppet)
* Proficient in writing unit and integration tests (ex. RSpec, Inspec, pyunit, PEP-8, rubocop, foodcritic)
* Proficient in at least one public cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
* Proficient in DNS, Load balancing methods, IPv4, TCP/UDP protocols, and geographically distributed services
* 3+ years in a DevOps/SRE role
* Proficient in source control using GitHub
* Proficient in UNIX command line tools
* Experience with building and maintaining a SaaS product at scale
* Familiarity with Scrum or Kanban SDLC styles
* Production experience with Cassandra and/or Kafka (preference for Cassandra)
* Bachelor's degree in CS, Engineering, or related experience is preferred
* Experience with writing Chef custom resources and attribute-driven design cookbooks
* Experience with Test Kitchen and Inspec test frameworks
* Experience with Terraform
* Experience with VMWare vSphere
* Knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes
* Experience with AWS or GCP
* Familiarity with Test Driven Development
* Familiarity with relational database systems
* Familiarity with JAVA runtime applications
* Documented public open source contributions
What we offer:
* A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity, collaboration, and flexibility.
* Market-leading salaries, including bonuses, equity and a range of comprehensive benefits
* Regular agile meetups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
* Flexible working, catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen, team parties and events
* A range of sports, health and wellbeing initiatives
* 3 days of paid leave every year for charity or volunteer causes of your choice
* Complex problems to solve -You will continuously learn and push boundaries while working with some of the smartest people around!
Do you align with Anaplan's Values?
Collaborative: We go out of our way to help others succeed
Explore all of our Values on Anaplan.com/careers
We're building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We're addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems. Anaplan's Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time.
With 900+ customers and 175+ partners globally, Anaplan's platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agree-Anaplan is changing the way the world does business.
Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it's like to work at Anaplan.
Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
CAN'T FIND THE PERFECT ROLE FOR YOU? NEW OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPENING UP DAILY:
Anaplan is a company providing a planning and performance management platform for businesses.