Req #: 190052806
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
As an Infrastructure Developer, you will be a recognized SME in Log management technologies including Splunk, Elastic Search, and other big data search technologies. You will be active contributor into Future Log Collection Strategy using the big data/search technologies/Machine Learning /Business Intelligence technologies. You will also have the opportunity to define, develop solutions which are inherently secure from the start to be consumed by the firm.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
* Understanding cloud , virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go
* Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
* Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
* Understanding or have experience with agile and lean philosophies
* Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
* Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
* Prior experience working with Information Technology, ideally managing Splunk and Elastic Search LogStash Kibana Hadoop and other big data/search technologies.
* Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
* Experience in database technologies in one or more of the products: Oracle SQL MySQL Mongo Cassandra
* Experience working with configuration management tools (Puppet Chef Ansible)
* Experience with Git Bitbucket Subversion
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.