At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every single day by helping them protect what they value most. Our real passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a groundbreaking shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Infrastructure Developer - Platform Modernization
The Engineering Enablement & Operations organization is seeking an Infrastructure Developer to help drive and support the modernization of our enablement platforms and the technologies necessary to contend in today's transforming industry (AWS Cloud Computing, load balancing (NGINX), containerization (Docker) and other CI/CD automation initiatives). Specific experience preferred would include administrating large, complex Linux and Windows based Applications and services. Additional skills would include understanding SDLC and CI/CD concepts. Experience with MQ, Cloudant, Kafka, Python, Docker, AWS and IAC.
* Develops efficient, maintainable, defect-free source code that meets operational, security and business requirements while adhering to team standards.
* Collaborates to develop unit test cases
* Develops test scripts
* Conducts impact analysis
* Contributes to researching technical alternatives, new technologies, and open source.
* Interacts with Software Product and Infrastructure teams to capture and define user stories
* Works with Agile team on development of an MVP and iterative development that delivers a high quality product
* Participates in medium-level design activities by analyzing requirements and high level designs
* Participates in the production of support documentation
* Provides functional/system integration testing support
* Performs Quality Assurance coding review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
* Collaborates on solving production issues and performing root cause analysis
* Completes other project work or tasks as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
* Generally 3 years of professional experience.
* Proficient in scripting (Python preferred) or strong Shell/Bash. Other programming experience helpful with OOP languages and tools (ex: Java)
* Knowledgeable in new and emerging technologies.
* General knowledge business function(s) and business operations, as well as IT strategies, and methodologies, including understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
* General knowledge of layered systems architectures and understanding of shared software concepts, cloud based platforms, and development tools.
* Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery.
* Negotiation skills; oral and written communication skills.
* Be creative, proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
Benefits & Culture:
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More:
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.