Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm's engineering team is building a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant global infrastructure shared across multiple financial products, merchants and vendors. Ensuring that our infrastructure is scalable, reliable, fault-tolerant and secure is a big job.
You will have the unique opportunity to bring Operations best-practices to Affirm, grow the Operations team, and oversee the operation of a complex global infrastructure. The breadth of responsibility is wide: whether it be improving our testing, deployment, automation, or monitoring systems; managing our CI/CD and ETL pipelines; consulting with other engineers on technical designs and operational best-practices; reducing costs; or leading technical projects and growing the Operations team. This is a great opportunity for impact and growth!
What You'll Do
* Design, automate, deploy and manage Affirm's global cloud infrastructure (multi-region network, compute, data and security).
* Play a critical part in growing Affirm's Platform Engineering team across multiple offices.
* Automate and manage Affirm's internally hosted BI infrastructure and AWS/Fargate-based batch job systems.
* Design & build internal tools for the DevX (developer productivity) and Operations teams.
* Maintain and improve our CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins), configuration management (Saltstack, Terraform) and metrics and monitoring systems.
* Aid our security team in evaluating, deploying and managing security tooling and automation.
* Create and review technical design documents, and share best practices, to improve the operation of our systems.
* Perform regular cost management, particularly for our large AWS infrastructure.
* Perform general system administration while automating away tedious tasks.
* Participate in our 24/7 on-call rotation.
What We Look For
* Extensive experience operating large-scale, geographically distributed systems.
* Strong ability to evaluate system designs while considering scalability, fault-tolerance, performance, and cost.
* Experience with AWS, including cost management, and technical knowledge of the various services.
* Familiarity with information security tools and best practices.
* Experience with continuous integrations tools (eg: Jenkins).
* Experience with configuration management tools (eg: Salt, Puppet, Chef).
* Experience with metrics and monitoring tools (eg: Grafana, Diamond, Nagios, Cabot).
* Working knowledge of at least one modern scripting language (preferably Python).
* Strong knowledge of Linux tools and internals.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways - not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-DA1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.
We also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for positions in accordance with applicable laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Affirm is a financial technology services company, offering installment loans to consumers at the point of sale.