The System Administrator provides support for the core processing and infrastructure support systems. Assists with the service strategy, design, transition, operation, and continual service improvement of all network and servers infrastructure collaborate with companies integrations to SAFRAN strategy while providing a quality support to end user equipment
* • Align business operations to utilize information technologies yielding improved processes and efficiencies including new innovation and digital environment.
* • Implement and monitor management information systems policies and control to ensure data accuracy, security, strong internal control and legal compliance.
* • Use knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks in accordance with the Group rules.
* • Work with switches, firewalls, proxies, and routers.
* • Serves as a contact for systems and infrastructure problems using software, hardware, operating systems, as well as access and authorization to resources,
* • Provides support and coordination for all system modifications and installations.
* • Investigates and resolves complex hardware, software, and network problems.
* • Enforces appropriate IT security measures.
* • Performs backups monitoring on daily basis.
* • Perform and coordinate daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
* • Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary based on best practices.
* • Manage the development of a solid and comprehensive enterprise technology infrastructure, maintain an efficient and effective operation environment, and deliver high quality and timely services that support the strategic and tactical IT operations.
* • Manage the development, implementation, installation and operation of IT; ensure day-to-day operation of the information infrastructures and business applications.
* • Actively contribute to improvement plan by identifying and implementing cost reduction and efficiency improvement projects.
* • Negotiate contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors of services and products to ensure efficient purchasing and good quality of services
* • Maintain continuous relationship with Safran Group to ensure smooth support at level 2 and 3
* • Install new / rebuild existing infrastructure and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
* • Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and for the business
Required Education and Experience
* • Bachelor's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* • Vendor management to maintain key IT partner relationships
* • Ability to manage and administrate Network Architecture (Cisco, Forcepoint as an example), Network security concepts and firewall , Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Server and Desktop Virtualization (VMWare and other), Backup and other Disaster Recovery, file shares and associated rights
* • Advanced experience in Disaster/Recovery Plan
* • Database administration experience with Microsoft SQL
* • Demonstrated knowledge in managing router, network switches, understanding VLANs, VPN tunneling, and MPLS networks and telephony systems.
* • Advanced knowledge on hybrid, private and public cloud
* • Advanced experience in troubleshooting infrastructure issues, including, but not limited to, servers, users computer, cellphones, network equipment.
* • Strong knowledge of Linux operative system
* • Proficient knowledge on VMware.
* • Working knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting (Windows)
* • Ability to research and track purchasing of hardware and software
* • Ability to create scripts in different languages for administration purposes
* • This position requires use of information or access to hardware, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ''Green Card Holder''), Political Asylee, or Refugee
* • Advanced interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
* • Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment.
* • Discipline to follow instructions from start to end under any circumstances.
* • Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with all management levels
* • This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* • The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
* • Assists with the design, planning, provisioning, deployment, documentation, and support/maintenance of servers, applications, and LAN/WAN network configurations.
* • Participate, in different roles, with the running projects for new applications or services deployment. From the architecture to the support.
* • Ensure systems are being backed up and the backups are efficient.
* • Develop and maintain an efficient infrastructure, minimizing the waste of resources with proper capacity planning.
* • Ensure the maintenance of the equipment's is current in contract and the actual maintenance executed in regular basis
* • Collaborate with the business continuity plan.
* • Maintains a professional helpful attitude with all users.
* • Required "On Call" duty
* • Maintains and improves delivery systems availability, functionality, and performance for multiple systems as a responsible of SLA compliance.
* • Help increasing user satisfaction by responding improving service desk duties
* • Analyzes change request inquiries and problems to recommend changes, which would result in the reduction of problems.
* • Responsible to improve current processes to maintain the efficiency on them
* • Responsible of keeping inventories of equipment and stock items up to date
* • Ensures timely escalation of problems by documenting actions taken.
Specificity of the job
* • Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Company information Safran SA
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 92,000 employees and sales of 21 billion euros in 2018. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes Research & Development programs to meet fast-changing market requirements, with total R&D expenditures of around 1.5 billion euros in 2018.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran is an international technology group operating in the aviation, defense, and space markets.