Help Duties Summary
The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
See "Other Information" for Locations
Learn more about this agency
WHAT IS THEPrivacy, Governmental Liaison and Disclosure (PGLD) DIVISION: The Privacy, Governmental Liaison and Disclosure is responsible for safeguarding and protecting sensitive taxpayer and employee information while promoting government transparency and accountability through better access to government information.
WHAT DOES A CYBER SECURITY INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST DO? As an Information Technology Specialist (Security) you will operate as a project leader whose authority and scope of responsibility crosses organizational and geographic lines. You will develop guidelines that will be used by other specialists in the course of the projects, which have an impact on broad agency goals. In this position, you will lead major national level projects such as the review of proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks, recommending mitigation or countermeasures, and resolving integration issues related to the implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure. The various projects have an impact on broad agency goals. They deal with multi-year plans, new cutting-edge technologies, or issues, and develop new policies or make significant changes to existing policies that have IRS-wide impact.
As an Information Technology Specialist (Security), you will:
* Lead the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate and minimize system vulnerabilities.
* Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks; recommend mitigation or countermeasures, and resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new systems within the existing infrastructure.
* Develop contingency plans (Disaster Recovery or Business Continuation Plans for information technology systems) to ensure availability and accessibility of network resources.
* Develop long-range plans for IT security systems that anticipate, identify, evaluate, mitigate, and minimize risks associated with IT systems vulnerabilities.
* Coordinate the implementation of security programs across Tier I, II, and III systems, and establish vulnerability reporting criteria.
* Review security incident response policies and identify the need for changes based on new security technologies or threats.
* Implement security requirements, integrate security programs and define the scope and level of detail for security plans and policies.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 11 or more nights per month
* Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
* Coordinators, Network
* Information Technology Specialist (It Specialist)
* Network Coordinators
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Refer to other information
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or National
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-15 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. This experience must include Information Technology (IT) related experience that demonstrates each of the following four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail, 2) Customer Service, 3) Oral Communication and 4) Problem Solving. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience that demonstrates accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project.
In addition to the above you must meet the requirements below:
At this level your knowledge and experience must be sufficient to establish, implement, and interpret the requirements for agency compliance with higher level policy directives and executive orders governing infrastructure protection; coordinate the review and evaluation of the agency infrastructure protection program, including policies, guidelines, tools, methods, and technologies; identify current and potential problem areas; update or establish new requirements and make recommendations for a fully compliant infrastructure protection program to be implemented throughout the agency.
* The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
* To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.