Help Duties Summary
This position is located in the US Department of the Treasury, Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP), Office of the Associate Director-CIO, Office of IT Operations, IT Technical Support Division. As a Senior Information Technology (IT) Specialist, this position leads, oversees, and administers the information technology systems and services directly related to the currency manufacturing process throughout the enterprise.
Learn more about this agency
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 19-BEP-217-P, which is open for any U.S. citizen to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
* Ensures proper configuration and operation of IT systems to ensure interoperability and minimal impact to the agency mission. Evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of IT systems, implements improvements, and uses enterprise architecture concepts and principles to evaluate the feasibility of procuring various technologies ensuring interoperability.
* Serves as subject matter expert (SME), technical lead, and primary responsible party for the administration of information technology systems and services directly related to the currency manufacturing process throughout the enterprise, including ICS and SCADA system services, hardware, software, operating systems, protocols, and related system components.
* Works closely with the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), users, and other outside entities in designing, planning, testing, deploying, evaluating, reporting, and ensuring the effectiveness of embedded IT systems, devices, procedures, and methods used to deploy and administer ICS and SCADA systems, and to safeguard classified, privacy, and other sensitive data in a computer accessible environment. Develops, oversees, monitors, and tests recovery plans for system failure situations.
* Leads the planning, design, development, installation, configuration, and administration of ICS and SCADA services. Leads the design and implementation of new IT elements and the analysis and implementation of embedded IT systems in currency manufacturing systems, and expansions or modifications to existing systems, including the implementation of a wide variety of system configurations.
* Provides expert technical advice, guidance, and recommendations to various levels of management and other technical specialists on critical IT issues impacting the Bureau's cybersecurity posture. Makes decisions or recommendations that significantly influence important agency IT policies or programs.
* Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
* Information Technology Specialist (It Specialist)
Help Requirements Conditions of Employment
* Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
* Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
* Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS: A background investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by the Bureau of Engraving and Printing is very thorough. Therefore it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination or immediate revocation of your interim clearance (if applicable).
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that is directly related to the position and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position includes:
* Assisting with the planning and design of IT systems; AND
* Serving as an IT Project Leader or a Contracting Officers Representative (COR) for IT related projects; AND
* Researching and analyzing methods and procedures to incorporate changes to existing IT systems
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must also show proficiency in 1) attention to detail, 2) customer service, 3) oral communication, and 4) problem solving.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable: For the GS-13, you must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks.