Overview & Essential Job Functions
The IT Report Developer will report directly to the Senior Report Developer and is responsible for developing reports and managing report distribution tools and will interact with all levels of employees and management to understand the business requirements behind the reports.
Essential Job Functions:
* Design and develop new reports using report writing tools such as Crystal Reports
* Optimize and improve performance of scheduled reports and data file generation e.g. by updating complex SQL statements and indexing.
* Perform testing in development and production (post deployment) environments of new and existing solutions or configuration updates to ensure the final products meet or exceed business and system expectations and requirements.
* Develop, document, and maintain the data dictionary, the report library, and the report version control.
* Publish reports to the Business Objects Server.
* Support and troubleshoot issues with reports and distribution of those reports
* Provide support to functional teams or management by collecting and analyzing data and reporting results
* Train and support users on how to use the reports.
* Assist with data loads, mass data updates, and database cleanup tasks.
* Supports data integration by developing processing to import and extract data to specified data formats.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* Assist users with complex Excel tasks including macros and VBA.
Qualifications & Environmental Demands
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other computer technology related field
* 3+ years' experience with crystal reports, data analysis and report writing
* Ability to write complicated SQL queries with complex joins
* Advanced Excel skills required (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.)
* 2+ years' equivalent experience supporting a large ERP system
* Good understanding of relational and dimensional data models
* Ability to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
* Ability to multi-task effectively
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, both independently and as a team member
* Strong problem solving and analytical ability, ability to troubleshoot
* Knowledge of management information systems, data structures, and application software
* Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
* Advanced degree such as Master's degree a plus
* Experience with IBM DB2 with AS400
* Experience building SSIS packages
* Experience with Visual Cut
* Waste and/or Transportation experience
* SQL database administration experience
* Sitting, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
* Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, calculating, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
* Eye/hand coordination, fingering (typing), handling, & wrist motion continuously.
* Bending, reaching, stretching, standing, & walking occasionally.
* Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, & noise occasionally.
* Exposure to grease, oil, chemicals, & wet conditions occasionally.
* Works inside only. Position considered office only.
* Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
* 401K & Profit Sharing
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation and Sick Time
* Recognition programs
* Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran