New York-Presbyterian Hospital
LocationNew York, New YorkShift:Day (United States of America)Description:
Information Technology - Impacting Lives
IT Analyst III - IT - Full TIme
Join the Information Technology team at New York's #1-ranked hospital. This is your opportunity to provide world class technology solutions that will directly impact the quality of a patient's life. At New York-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, Information Technology is at the forefront of our patient experience. Joining our team will give you the opportunity to develop your career while creating solutions and services that will improve the welfare of others. If growing your career in technology while creating solutions that improve the lives of others inspires you, then a career at New York Presbyterian Hospital awaits you.
Work with the latest technology in an ever-evolving environment that challenges you to grow and develop your skills, while receiving unmatched training and support. Here, you will build a strong foundation to advance your career while thriving on a close-knit team. Your resourcefulness will help establish specific implementation plans and schedules for each project. Supports the relevant departmental systems applications, its environment, and its operational interfaces. Performs problem analysis and troubleshooting, and maintain appropriate documentation.
Researches, plans, and designs interfaces between a wide variety of systems to support clinical and business needs of the Hospital. Develops, tests, documents, and implements changes and enhancements to existing interfaces, support scripts, or other changes to the interface engine environment.
Designs, implements, analyze, and modify new and existing programs and systems for business or patient care needs. Responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of operating systems and/or applications. Responsible for the installation, configuration, and maintenance of operating systems and/or applications. Ensures the performance, integrity and reliability of system components. Determines user specifications for hardware and software needs. Works independently in a professional, high-tech environment to oversee sophisticated and specialty technology.
* Degree or major in Computer Science
* NYS Clinical licensure (Medical, Nursing, Pharmacy, or other relevant allied health professional)
* Knowledge in Operating Systems and Databases: Microsoft Windows, UNIX, Oracle, SQ
* Knowledge of Programming Languages where applicable: Java, HTML, Visual Basic, C, C++, Perl
* Knowledge of: HL-7, Microsoft Suite, including Project , Service Now
* Applications: HL-7, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio, Touchworks, Allscripts Sunrise,
* If Financial Systems: Knowledge of Cobol, Lawson, XML, and Kronos
* If Clinical familiarity with cardiology, radiology, radiology/oncology, labs, Pharmacy systems
* Expected to provide weekly status reports to management team on project status, issue tracking, risks, and associated migration strategies.
* Capable of leading small and large complex software implementations and upgrades
* Expected to participate in end user committees and work groups to identify new project requirements, this includes work flow analysis.
* If Clinical provides technical expertise to clinical users and other staff members as well as conduct daily monitoring of clinical applications and interfaces.
* If Clinical develops innovative approaches for dealing with customer needs that are also aligned with overall information services goals and objectives.
* If Clinical is expected to attend training sessions, and participate in IT update meetings and huddles. Will train end users in use of equipment and clinical application.
* If Clinical conducts daily monitoring of clinical applications and interfaces, provides applications support for other information technology teams.
* If Clinical takes ownership of medium to complex issues and acts as a liason between customer and other support staff to facilitate resolution.
* Provides system demos for end user committees
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 5-7 or more years of previous work related experience
* Ability to work within a team environment
* If Telecom/creates as required audit logs, analytic and tabular reports that may be used to identify or solve problems and monitor system changes over time. This may include billing systems such as AMCOM, and multisite ACD reporting systems.
* If Telecom expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VOIP, SIP, Carriers, T-1.
* If Telecom is expected to program intricate and multisite Voice Mail and related systems applications, perform large roll out telephone programming, password resets. Call Center ACD script writing.
Join a hospital where employee engagement is at an all-time high. Enjoy competitive compensation along with benefits such as tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and financial planning assistance. Start your life-changing journey today.
* #1 in New York, "America's Best Hospitals 2017-2018." - U.S.News & World Report
* 2018 "Best Places to Work: Employee's Choice." - Glassdoor
* 2018 "Employees' Choice: Top CEOs" - Glassdoor
* 2018 "America's Best Employers." - Forbes
* 2018 "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare." - Becker's Healthcare
* 2018 "Top-Rated Work Places: Best Hospitals" - Indeed
Discover why we're #1 in New York and a best employer at: nyp.org/careers
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is an equal opportunity employer.
About New York-Presbyterian Hospital
NewYork-Presbyterian is one of the nation’s most comprehensive, integrated academic health care delivery systems, dedicated to providing the highest quality, most compassionate care and service to patients.