The Axcelis Technologies IT department is looking for an adaptable, life-long learner, with both technical and people skills, to join their existing team of System Administrators. The role will help support Axcelis' increasing and evolving use of the Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud ecosystem, support on-premises IT infrastructure, translate Axcelis' business needs into IT solutions and help guide Axcelis business members in the use of IT solutions.
Collaborating with the global IT department staff, the candidate can expect to work hands-on with a broad selection of IT systems, platforms and solutions, as well as frequently being in direct contact with Axcelis business members. To be successful in this role the candidate must possess a genuine passion for IT infrastructure and be capable of dealing with multiple, rapidly shifting competing demands, both from within IT and from the business.
The role selected candidate will work as part of the Axcelis System Administrator team, dealing with IT infrastructure and projects across multiple global locations.
The predominant focus will be on strengthening the Microsoft 365 skillset of the System Administrator team, with particular emphasis on SharePoint. However, Axcelis' IT infrastructure is complex and therefore the selected candidate will need to be able to work confidently outside of the Microsoft 365 platform.
Axcelis' IT landscape is constantly evolving, and strives to deliver efficient and cost-effective solutions to address business needs. As such, the chosen candidate must help identify potential IT solutions that leverage or integrate with existing IT platforms, as well as provide guidance to international business communities on how best to use these solutions.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience * At least 3 years prior experience administering midsize (1000-3000 users) Microsoft 365 environments, including exposure to one or more than one of the following; * SharePoint Online * Teams * OneDrive * Exchange Online
* At least 3 years prior experience administering Microsoft Server (2008 or later) in a cloud hybrid/Active Directory based environment * At least 2 years prior experience working with Microsoft Azure * Specifically Azure Active Directory
* At least 2 years prior experience working with VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V * At least 2 years prior experience working with one or more of the following * Skype for Business on-premises * SharePoint 2013/2016 on-premises * System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) * Active Directory
* Experience working with IT ticketing systems and with IT infrastructure monitoring systems * Strong communication skills including the ability to interact with internal customers, other IT staff and business management * Written and presentation skills, with the ability to author and present both technical and non-technical reference and support materials * Experience working with international IT support teams and engagement with international business communities * Good industry awareness and knowledge of Microsoft technologies, both cloud-based and on-premises * Experience of working with Microsoft client side operating systems - specifically Windows 10 * Experience of working with Mobile client side operating systems - Android and iOS, especially as related to Microsoft 365 * Degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience * Business relationship management or stakeholder management * Ability to gather business requirements and write a technical specifications based on those requirements * Experience in deploying Microsoft Office 365 based solutions to global business communities * Experience with Microsoft Productivity tools such as MS Office 2013/2016 * Experience of with PowerShell and PowerShell scripting
* Degree in business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience * Business relationship management or stakeholder management * Ability to gather business requirements and write a technical specifications based on those requirements * Experience in deploying Microsoft Office 365 based solutions to global business communities * Experience with Microsoft Productivity tools such as MS Office 2013/2016 * Experience of with PowerShell and PowerShell scripting
About Axcelis Technologies
Axcelis is the provider of ion implantation equipment and services to the semiconductor manufacturing industry.