Information Systems Security Specialist
El Segundo, CA
Do you have experience in the information security field? If you want to take the next step in your career by joining a team of talented security engineers working for a company that is making a difference in the world, Parsons has an opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a senior information system security specialist to help us deliver best-in-class services to our federal government clients.
The ideal candidate will become an integral part of a team that ensures appropriate security principles, concepts, methods, and practices are applied during the system life cycle to achieve stakeholder objectives for the protection of assets-across all forms of adversity characterized as disruptions, hazards, and threats. The system security engineer provides a sufficient base of evidence that supports claims that the desired level of trustworthiness has been achieved and a level of trustworthiness that the protection needs of stakeholders can be adequately satisfied on a continuous basis.
* Define and/or review stakeholder security objectives, protection needs and concerns, security requirements, and associated validation methods.
* Define and/or review system security requirements and associated verification methods.
* Develop and/or review security views and viewpoints of the system architecture and design.
* Identify and/or assess vulnerabilities and susceptibility to life cycle disruptions, hazards, and threats.
* Design and/or review proactive and reactive security functions encompassed within a balanced strategy to control asset loss and associated loss consequences.
* Provide security considerations to inform systems engineering efforts with the objective to reduce errors, flaws, and weakness that may constitute security vulnerability leading to unacceptable asset loss and consequences.
* Identify, quantify, and evaluate the costs/benefits of security functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives, engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment decisions.
* Perform system security analyses in support of decision making, risk management, and engineering trades.
* Demonstrate through evidence-based reasoning, that security claims for the system have been satisfied.
* Provide evidence to substantiate claims for the trustworthiness of the system.
* Leverage multiple security and other specialties to address all feasible solutions so as to deliver a trustworthy secure system.
Experience and Education Requirements:
* 10+ years of system engineering and/or system security engineering experience.
* Excellence in system security engineering principles and methods
* Strong familiarity with Systems Security Engineering (SSE) documentation (e.g. Program Protection Plans (PPPs)
* Anti-Tamper Plans, Counterintelligence Support Plans, Integrated Threat Assessment Reports, Operations Security Plans, Continuous Monitoring Plans, Defensive Cyberspace Operations Plans, IT/Cybersecurity Strategies, Information Support Plans, Enterprise Architecture Views) and related documentation IAW DoDI 5000.02, DoDI 5200.39, DODI 5200.44, DODD 5200.47E, DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, and NIST SP 800-160.
* Bachelors' Degree required; MS preferred. Must currently hold an approved DoDI 8570.01 certification. CISSP preferred. CISSP-ISSEP highly-desired.
* Eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.