"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a Senior ISSO in Ashburn, VA. Duties will include:
* Ensure that operational and technical controls are in place and followed to meet required security requirements related to services provided to the Department of Homeland Security client.
* Serve as a senior analyst on a team that is responsible for providing secure solutions in both legacy and distributed environments.
* Review, analyze and submit reports to customer for alerts generated by the SIEM
* Review SIEM logs on a weekly basis to help avoid missing crucial events
* Review security patches and advisories with network engineers to determine criticality and plan of action
* Review CCB decisions and advise as required
* Assure system security documentation is maintained and up to date
* Update the SSP and BOE whenever there are system changes
* Conduct monthly reviews
* Submit a quarterly report to the customer
* Provide guidance to the team on issues addressing basic security procedures for handling sensitive information
* Maintain GFI inventory documentation and provide reviews and reports as requested by the customer
* Assure Beltway is in compliance with Corporate Policy Instruction 810 Information Security controls
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at 571-218-1000. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance
* Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or 4 years' experience in lieu of degree plus five (5) to seven (7) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* Six (6) years of network security experience
* Four (4) years of specialized experience in the area of Network Security Policy, including certification and accreditation processes
* Must have hands-on experience with developing and implementing network security policy and procedure
* Working knowledge of certification and accreditation processes of critical applications in support of both legacy and distributed network architectures
* Familiar with OMB A-130 and DITSCAP requirements
* Preferred Qualifications:
* ISC2 CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) certification
* Experience supporting C&A activities
* Knowledgeable in NIST and CNSS publications (i.e. NIST SP-800-53 and CNSI 1253)
* Excellent speaking and writing skills
General Office inside work environment may be a cubicle or shared office (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting.) The work environment can periodically be fast-paced and sometimes involves the pressures of meeting deadlines. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as internal and external customers.
Position may require filing, typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
Equipment, Machines & Software:
Computer work required. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel and Project). Use of calculator, printer, fax, scanner, telephone, filing cabinets, and other standard office equipment is required.
Attendance and punctuality are essential in this highly collaborative environment. Overtime work may be required in support of customer deliverables or other priority assignments as determined by management. Regular work days will be Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must be able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be a U.S Citizen. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer locations and other sites may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. Must possess a valid state driver's license. Must pass a Federal background investigation. Must submit to pre-employment drug testing.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.