L3 SSG is seeking an experienced Information System Security Officer to use Federal Assessment and Authorization (A&A) processes to research, verify and document information security controls per NIST 800-53 in order for the systems to be accredited. Where appropriate the ISSO will oversee the development, preparation and submission of IS accreditation packages as part of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle. Interprets and adherence to various USG requirements including (but not limited to): ICD 503, JSIG, and DAAPM. Assist with compliance reviews and conduct audits to ensure information systems (IS) maintain the authorization baseline. Support vulnerability assessments and security test and evaluation. Actively participate in the L3 SSG Security Training and Awareness team.
* Ensures systems are operated, maintained and disposed of based on ICD 503, JSIG RMF, NISPOM and Defense Security Service DAAPM standards.
* Maintain thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls, determines controls applicable to the application, and manages POA&M items.
* Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure compliance; accurately reports security posture to the security team.
* Ensure configuration management is appropriate for all Information Systems (IS) software and hardware, including documentation and tracking of change control actions.
* Ensure security logs and audit trails are reviewed in accordance with established schedules.
* Provide support to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining appropriate operation information assurance (IA) posture for programs.
* Generate, maintain security documentation for system hardware and software, to include SSP's, POA&M's, equipment specifications, practices and procedures.
* Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG)
* Manage mandatory Information System (IS) patching, updating, and scanning based on vulnerabilities and threats or regulatory compliance
* Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), program personnel and government security representatives.
* 3 years of experience in Information Security within a DoD Contractor or US Government facility conducting work in a classified environment.
* Associates Degree: Computer Science, Information Systems Management
* Candidate must possess a current DODI 8570-.01 compliant certification (CISSP or Security )
* Experience with supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Peer to Peer Networks, Local Area Networks, and Wide Area Networks)
* Experience with auditing/certifying the security aspects of various operating systems (Windows and Linux). Must demonstrate a complete understanding of Information Security Administration principles, concepts, practices, and standards as well as a complete understanding of network devices.
* Strong communication skills, strong critical thinking and problem solving skills; self-motivated with ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects; ability to work with people in a team environment.
* Active TS/SCI (SSBI) security clearance
* NIST, ODAA, ISSO, Security, Information Systems Security, Information Assurance, Assessment and Authorization, CISSP, CISM JAFAN, JSIG, RMF, Industrial Security, DoD 8570
L3 SSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
L3 Technologies is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C 3 ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Our customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L3 SSG specializes in the development, manufacturing and qualification of remote E-O sensing payloads, instruments and major sub-systems primarily for space as well as unique airborne applications. Space mission areas include major science investigation, situational awareness, launch detection and weather analysis. Primary markets served include NASA, DoD, intelligence communities and commercial space. Primary airborne contributions include hyperspectral payloads for specialized overseas missions and critical line-of-sight control sub-systems for targeting systems.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.