Raytheon is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE). The role of the ISSE is to bridge the gap between high level security policies/requirements and technical/operational implementation of those requirements. Candidates should have in-depth understanding of the cybersecurity policies and procedures for government sector information systems and sufficient technical knowledge and experience to implement them. Reporting to the Raytheon IT Solutions Functional Lead on the Kodiak contract, the ISSE will work closely and effectively with the ISSM and Sponsor IT managers on all aspects of their development and implementation programs as they progress through their Agile management processes. The ISSE will provide guidance, standards, and oversight to the ISSE team. They will provide hands on security and compliance guidance and work with Scrum Masters and their teams in concert with Sponsor requirements that are primarily maintaining legacy systems while at the same time developing new systems and environments moving to cloud computing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following describes the typical duties of an ISSE. Experience with these responsibilities is highly desired.
* Conduct assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from applicable security frameworks (such as ICD 503)
* Develop IT security policies, standards, and guidance
* Provide input to A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials
* Provide engineering support and assistance to authorization/accreditation test and evaluation activities
* Provide continuous monitoring support for information systems
* Develop IT architecture deliverables, specific to information security countermeasure implementations, for operational systems and systems under development
* Evaluate proposed security architectures and designs and provide input as to the adequacy of those security designs to meet required security compliance objectives
* Develop and maintain processes and procedures to identify, track and mitigate customer system vulnerabilities
A successful ISSE will have expertise in information technology, technical writing, and project management. The following is a list of related traits and skills that are mandatory.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technology related degree
* Five or more years functioning in an operational IT role with exposure to diverse IT architectures, demonstrating progressive growth of skills and responsibility
* Experience completing or managing to completion projects/tasks/deliverables with minimal supervisory oversight
* Advanced understanding of IT operations techniques
* Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level as well as technical staff consumption
* Advanced problem solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients.
* Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions
* Advanced communications skills: able to work well with others, independently and as part of a team
* Intermediate presentation skills: able to interview engineers on technical subject matter as well as brief executive level stakeholders
* Basic understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques
* Experience with using NESSUS and other scanning applications
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
* DOD Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP)
* DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
* Familiarity with Agile framework
* Experience managing a team
136458 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.