Job Description: Seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE). The role of the ISSE is to bridge the gap between high level security policies/requirements and technical/operational implementation of those requirements. Candidates should have in-depth understanding of the cybersecurity policies and procedures for government sector information systems and sufficient technical knowledge and experience to implement them. The ISSE will work closely and effectively with the ISSM and Sponsor IT managers on all aspects of their development and implementation programs as they progress through their Agile management processes. The ISSE will provide guidance, standards, and oversight to the development teams as they work towards accreditation and then to keep accredited. The candidate will provide input to A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials Must have a TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Clearance. This position is located in the Herndon area.
* Experience working with this customer and provide input to A&A process activities and related documentation such as systems concept of operations, system security design, implementation plans, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials
* Conduct assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from applicable security frameworks (such as ICD 503)
* Advanced problem solving skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to address new situations; especially during interactions with clients.
* Advanced analytical skills: able to use prior experience and knowledge to seamlessly incorporate new knowledge or information during client interactions
* Advanced communications skills
* Must be able to work well with others including educating development teams who may not have the same understanding of security as you do
* Basic understanding of information security principles and risk assessment techniques
* Be able to evaluate proposed security architectures and designs and provide input as to the adequacy of those security designs to meet required security compliance objectives
* Familiarity with Agile framework
* Advanced writing skills: able to clearly articulate ideas for executive level as well as technical staff consumption
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree highly desired plus ten (10) years of experience. Additional work experience may be substituted for a degree.
138172 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.