Role Summary: This newly created role of Information Systems Engineer II is responsible for supporting the business teams across segments and products by developing data structures and pipelines to support analytics. They will be working on a variety of data related projects and will participate in designing, developing, managing and/or maintaining real-time and historical data related systems.
Essential Responsibilities: Duties include (but are not limited to):
* Build and maintain data structures and databases with an emphasis on time-series data
* Design, build, and maintain data pipelines from a data lake to data exploration platform
* Produce statistical analysis of the data to support product quality improvement decisions.
* Produce data visualizations to demonstrate learning and opportunities that support a wide range of stakeholders.
* Collaborate with Software and Hardware engineers to identify and address gaps in MR system monitoring.
* Collaborate with Software engineers to improve data quality including but not limited to data file structure, data formats and units, and frequency of logging.
* Collaborate and learn from peers within the Imaging business to ensure we leverage best practice and reduce duplicate work.
* Work with business and technical leaders to prioritize data needs and define new process improvement opportunities.
* Work with data scientists on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics.
* 5+ years data development experience in a commercial setting is required
* Experience utilizing statistical analysis tools (Python, R, etc.) is required
* Experience with data visualization technologies (Kibana, Spotfire, Tableau, etc...) is required
* Experience with extracting data from large databases (SQL, Hue, Postgres, Hive QL, Lucene, etc.) is required
* Experience in the full commercial data lifecycle, from business understanding to model operationalization
* Experience with cloud systems (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, etc.) is required
* Familiarity with big data technologies (Data Lakes, NoSQL databases, Edge computing, etc.) is required
* Experience working with the Linux OS is preferred
* Ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems
* Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
* Must have demonstrated skill in data cleaning, data quality assessment, and using analytics for data assessment
* Strong presentation and communication skills, with ability to lead and influence multiple audiences
* Background in healthcare or pharma preferred but not necessary
About Bluebird Bio
Bluebird Bio offers products based on the transformative potential of gene therapy for patients with genetic and orphan diseases.