At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve - a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in California - and among the top six in the country - UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The ongoing development and operation of the enterprise DART (Decision Analytics Reporting Tool) environment requires an individual with a wide range of skills including database programming, application administration, reporting and analysis.
The Faculty Practice Business Analytics (FPBA) group is seeking a qualified business intelligence professional with proven experience in the design, development, maintenance and program management of an enterprise business intelligence and analytics implementation.
This position will report to the Director of the Business Operations and Analytics within the Faculty Practice Administration organization. The position will have responsibility for components of data modeling, development of stored procedures, IBM/Cognos application development and administration, QlikView dashboard development, report writing, and functional documentation for the DART BI/Analytics environment.
In addition to the BI development work, the position will need to interface with the UCSF Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team to ensure compliance with data governance policies and the QlikView enterprise deployment architecture. The incumbent may be asked to provide reporting and analysis support for the faculty practice administration and ambulatory operations using the FPBA DART data mart and the DART BI platform.
The data accessible through DART is critical to the operations of not only the FPO offices, but of the School of Medicine and UCSF Health System departments that utilize this resource.
* Three years relevant experience such as managing a program with data quality, database maintenance or analytic metadata components
* Bachelor's Degree in related area with work in a quantitative discipline
* Advanced skills associated with programming design, modification and implementation; basic knowledge of secure software development; demonstrated ability to create software specifications
* Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions; knowledge of the design, development and application of technology and systems to meet business needs
* Familiarity with logical data design and data mapping or data conversion
* Ability to write technical documentation in a clear and concise manner
* Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of how system management actions affect other systems, system users and dependent / related functions
* Familiarity with data quality and governance issues and requirements
* Interpersonal skills sufficient to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization; ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner
* Works independently and as part of a team; demonstrated problem-solving skills; ability to learn effectively and meet deadlines
* Strong analytical skills with demonstrated methods for implementing processes to ensure accuracy and consistentcy with deliverables
* Excellent skills in successfully managing competing priorities and tight deadlines; ability to prioritize the deliverables of a strict production schedule and urgent ad hoc requests
* Ability to address complex, nebulous reporting and analysis problems with originality and creativity; significant investigative and problem solving skills
* Excellent and advanced communications skills to convey complex information clearly and concisely to all levels of staff and management
* Hands-on experience and expertise in writing and executing complex T-SQL or PL/SQL queries to extract data from a both internal and external sources
* The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
* Master's Degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related field
* Broad knowledge of various areas of IT
* Demonstrated ability to install software and troubleshoot and repair moderately complex problems with computing devices, peripherals and software
* Understanding of and experience troubleshooting client, server and peripherals-related issues and actions that can be taken to improve or correct performance; experience in incident response and digital forensics, including data collection, examination and analysis
* Demonstrated experience with database administration; working knowledge of database management systems and standards; knowledge relating to database system design; advanced database querying and modeling skills working with moderately complex databases
* Advanced knowledge of computer security tools, best practices and policies including demonstrated experience securing server-based software; demonstrated skill at administering moderately complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software and networks
* Demonstrated testing and test planning skills
* Strong knowledge of relevant RDBMS systems and BI reporting tools, and the policies, principles, best practices, and standards involved with effective BI and analytics program support. Solid understanding of OLTP, OLAP information systems, data warehouses, and data marts
* Hands-on experience and expertise in designing portals, reports, dashboards, and analytics with professional report building software packages; proficient with report terminology and concepts such as drill-down, roll-up, aggregation, etc
* Ability to write clear functional specifications, presentations, training materials, and technical documentation
* Knowledge of faculty practice operations, finance, healthcare information technology, and revenue cycle activities
* Knowledge of HIPAA and other relevant privacy regulations
* Familiarity with Cognos 10.2 and/or QlikView applications
* Knowledge of revenue cycle standards, professional fee billing terminology and methodologies (i.e., ICD-9, CPT, RBRVS)
* Experience with data visualization and reporting in a 21st century Business Intelligence tool
Living Pride Standards
* Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
* Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
* Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
* Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
* Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
* Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
* Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
* Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
* Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.