Coalfire is the cybersecurity advisor that helps private and public sector organizations avert threats, close gaps, and effectively manage risk. Our professionals are among the most talented in the industry, and each and every day, they strive to provide the unbiased assessments, advice, and innovative solutions that help our clients meet their specific challenges and build long-term strategies to protect their organizations. For nearly 20 years, we've been on the cutting-edge of one of the world's most important industries - and we're committed to making the world a safer place by solving our clients' toughest security challenges.
We're growing rapidly and are currently seeking Compliance Analysts/ISSO's for our team in Washington, DC.
What you'll do
* The System Security Analysts shall support the ISSO in carrying out their roles and responsibilities for ensuring the documentation and security of the AIS.
* 5+ years IT Security experience, preferably in an ISSO or ISSM role.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders. Experience with NIST 800 series. Ability to implement information security requirements for IT systems through the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
* Providing support to plan, coordinate, and implement the organization's information security program
* Providing support for facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure and define future programs, design and implementation of security related to IT systems
* Overseeing the efforts of security staff to design, develop, engineer and implement solutions to security requirements
* Gathering and organizing technical information about an organization's mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena
* Performing risk analyses, which also includes risk assessment
* Working knowledge of the following areas is required: understanding of business security practices and procedures; knowledge of current security tools available; hardware/software security implementation; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; familiarity with commercial products and current Internet/EC technology
Ability to serve as Information System Security Officer.
What you'll bring
* Five (5+) years of IT Security related experience, to include a minimum of two (2) years of FISMA experience, may be substituted if a B.S. degree is not held
* Minimum of five (5) year's hands on compliance experience
* Computer security certification desired - not required (CISSP, Security+, CAP)
Why you'll want to join us
Passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and contribute. That's what it takes to be a part of the Coalfire team. We work together to tackle the toughest cybersecurity challenges and help our clients become more secure and successful. We are trusted advisors who are committed to shaping our industry. At Coalfire, our people have the opportunity to expand their minds and skills, build meaningful relationships with the industry's smartest minds, and have a direct impact on our company's success.
Along with energetic culture and supportive environment, you'll have the flexibility to balance your personal and work life and grow personally and professionally. We work hard, and we play hard - and the two often overlap. We host family-friendly events and happy hours along with professional meetups and informal networking sessions, and we're active in our communities. Plus, we offer great benefits, including: [list of benefits]
* Health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
* Flexible paid time off (employees are encouraged to spend four weeks away from the office each year)
* A generous 401(k) plan
* A corporate wellness program
* Tuition reimbursement
* A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and tasty beverages
Coalfire is an EEO employer.