Information Specialist 2
Req #: 220981
Location: Arlington, VA US
Job Category: Service Contract Act
Minimum Security Clearance: NACI
What You'll Get to Do:
CACI is seeking an Information Specialist 2 to support our nationwide contract to provide the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) with records management services. Duties include use of a records management system for search, retrieval, and data entry, applying records retention schedules to files for the purposes of retention, archiving and disposition, and preparation and review of file plans. The IS2 also responds to customer inquiries, participates in records organization projects, and assists with records imaging. The IS2 assists colleagues with preparing and shipping large batches of records to off-site storage.
More About the Role:
* Support the reevaluation of pesticide products through assistance with database management, record processing and management.
* Applicant should have expertise in MS Access and Excel programs.
* Performs technical duties as required, including, but not limited to: Develop and improve agency record tracking in MS Access and Excel programs, and be comfortable working in other custom-developed records management systems.
* Prepare draft documents requesting data from regulated industry and process, track, and file incoming responses, including correspondence, scientific data or studies, product labels, and confidential business information.
* Create meeting packages for reviewing and organizing information from a number of sources.
* Prepare documents to support agency action on a pesticide chemical or product
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* A NACI is required to begin employment. CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
* High school diploma or equivalent with three (3) years of experience working in a library or records management program. Requires working knowledge of standard desktop software such as Word.
* Support management team in processing EPA regulatory submissions - chiefly paper files - for filing, retention, scanning and/or destruction.
* Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Excellent communications skills.
* Relevant experience in handling documents and properly codifying them and entering information into a database.
* The ability to work with other staff in the critically important technical operations tracking documents that are retained for retention and eventual retirement/destruction.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.